GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a windshield.
Kind of torn between MRA racing screen and puig Rafale (universal), just never seen a good pic of the bike with Rafale installed.
Any pics/input?

Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dekker!
I saw that pic on some site, just wanted to see if anyone had a s1000 with one installed since front end is slightly different.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don’t like the short puig screen much.
Will probably have to go with MRA.
Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive got the MRA. Blends beautifully with front and bracket is secured out of the way on top of fork. Takes the edge off the wind when running top end just enough. I have never regretted it.
Thanks Phaedrus, good info. I’m pretty short (5ft 9in) so my head doesn’t stick up too far :) I know it won’t take all of the wind off, just looking for a little bit less “drag” on my ol body.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
you will be surprised 80 90 mph the wind it keeps of your body...pretty much sitting upright ..couldent do the long high speeds with out it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Found this today browsing the internet. Looks like a New Generation Touring Screen.

At first I thought it may be something new from Puig, but after researching a little I found it came from an article that was published in 2015.

Makes me wonder whether Puig actually made this screen or not? ... and if they did, why did they stop making it?

Would be so much better for touring than the New Generation Sport screen which I currently have.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found this today browsing the internet. Looks like a New Generation Touring Screen.

At first I thought it may be something new from Puig, but after researching a little I found it came from an article that was published in 2015.

Makes me wonder whether Puig actually made this screen or not? ... and if they did, why did they stop making it?

Would be so much better for touring than the New Generation Sport screen which I currently have.
I have never run across that one before. You think the one you have now doesn’t do a decent job?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have never run across that one before. You think the one you have now doesn’t do a decent job?
Actually the short Puig screen does do a pretty good job considering how small it is, but for longer rides (especially in bad weather) I would have like to have the option to swap to the taller screen.

I'm still suprised they don't make it considering they make a 'sport' and 'touring' version for the GSXS750.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just can’t make up my mind yet but the bike looks so good naked that I’m having a hard time putting a screen on it. That’s why I was even considering the Puig Rafale because here in South Carolina it’s pretty warm in the summer so may not want a screen, just lots of air in the summer unless I’m going on a long ride. So with the Rafale it should take no time to put it on or off since it’s a handlebar clamp on windshield. And it’s taller than the small puig screen so it should provide better comfort on long rides. Not the greatest looking but should have good function. When I want to “look good”, I just pull it off in a few quick minutes :)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
love the look of the naked also..if i didnt love highway riding id stay naked.....the relaxed feel i have at high speeds and neck not getting all twisted up is well worth it...enjoy the riding so much more

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Well, the Puig small New Generation doesn't look dorky and adds to the look of the naked, yet does in fact offer excellent wind protection. It cuts wind blast right up to the bottom of the helmet. No wind on upper torso.

You should buy mine! It's new and perfect. I am selling because don't do much long distance highway riding

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rapido1, I don’t do much long distance riding yet either but it’s gonna happen sooner or later. I’ve only been on the interstate for any length of time once and it would be nice with a screen then. But I like to stick to twisty backroads as much as I can. I’ll think about it, let me get my right side mirror added first that should get here this week to go with my left side CRG LS. I’m married you know, gotta spend on toys in steady unnoticeable increments ��.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For any of you that have the Puig screen or MRA racing screen, how high above upper edge of instrument cluster does windshield extend? Just measure from top of cluster to the top edge of your screen. I’m working on trying a screen on my bike and would like to know the measurement.

Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts