GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was that the only can available? also how much if you don't mind me asking?

and pics and a video please:D

The Arrow can there is my old MV Agusta can. The Arrow fit the standard can or any can for the gsx-s1000.

I just thought I might try the arrow can, the original and my current GPR one to see which looks best.

I will probably have it all fitted in the next couple of months! Weather too cold, wet and snow.

Ive only done 200 miles since September from new!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Not been on it since December
Lennie,

Let me know how oil filter access is with the Arrow. I can get the filter off without removing the fairings with the stock pipes. Just curious if the Arrow would necessitate fairing removal for oil changes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
451 Posts
As you opened that header, didn't a part of you feel bad that this piece of art was going to get road grime on it? I'm beign dumb, but it crossed my mind. Arrow does not do a lot of bending on their headers, Especially up near the engine, as it leads to cracking when the material gets hot.

Instead, they use many short pieces cut and welded to perfection. When they are finished, its a piece of Italian art work as much as an exhaust.

I found a way to get a really pretty straw color on mine.

Clean it really well before riding. Brake cleaner works well.

Run until it turns dark, or blue near the head.

Go to Auto Zone, or such, and buy a product called naval jelly. Clean blue off with this product.

After doing this three or four times, the header pipes are a beautiful, straw-gold color and wont turn blue again.

·
Registered
515 Posts
That is a good price. I just looked at the link and somewhere under "features" it said "oxygen sensor plug - no". Do you think that means that it doesn't come with a bung welded in?
Don't know. The pic above has a bung. EMLine also says it has a CO sensor plug listed as "SI". I assume that means metric for a carbon monoxide exhaust sensor. I bet it means there is an 18 mm threaded plug but no 12 mm one. I could just use an adapter. If not, I have a PCV and the O2 sensor is'nt used anyway. Sh!t hits the fan and I will have one welded in.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Don't know. The pic above has a bung. EMLine also says it has a CO sensor plug listed as "SI". I assume that means metric for a carbon monoxide exhaust sensor. I bet it means there is an 18 mm threaded plug but no 12 mm one. I could just use an adaptor. If not, I have a PCV and the O2 sensor is'nt used anyway. Sh!t hits the fan and I will have one welded in.
Well, since you have a PCV just add autotune which requires a 18 mm bung for the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Don't know. The pic above has a bung. EMLine also says it has a CO sensor plug listed as "SI". I assume that means metric for a carbon monoxide exhaust sensor. I bet it means there is an 18 mm threaded plug but no 12 mm one. I could just use an adapter. If not, I have a PCV and the O2 sensor is'nt used anyway. Sh!t hits the fan and I will have one welded in.
Just realized SI in Itallian means "Yes". lol So there is a CO sensor plug. Also found a neat parts breakout page: http://admin.arrow.it/img/craft/doc...9b-bfea-51b252cfac9e_Suzuki_GSX-S_1000_15.pdf

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just realized SI in Itallian means "Yes". lol So there is a CO sensor plug. Also found a neat parts breakout page: http://admin.arrow.it/img/craft/doc...9b-bfea-51b252cfac9e_Suzuki_GSX-S_1000_15.pdf
So part number 33 is a "sensor plug bolt" which is presumably removable so that an O2 sensor can be installed if so desired. I still don't know what size the bung is. Am I overlooking this info in a previous post?

It's interesting that the Suzuki Service Manual refers to the stock sensor as an HO2 sensor which apparently means "heated oxygen sensor". So, I just learned something. Prior to learning that, I thought I knew everything. No, wait, I still don't the bung size. Fiddle sticks.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts