281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just ordered the arrow headers and;
GSXR 1000 exhaust header gaskets
Exhaust valve servo eliminator
oxygen sensor eliminator
pair valve eliminator and block off plates
K&N air filter

The plan is to install all of the above and then have it dyno'd and ecu flashed.

Is there anything else I can do or need to do?
Do I need anything to install the exhaust itself, eg special grease ?

Any tips or advice gratefully accepted.
no doubt I will have more questions in time.

·
Registered
974 Posts
oxygen sensor eliminator
K&N air filter

The plan is to install all of the above and then have it dyno'd and ecu flashed.

You will need a bigger helmet to cover the big smile I think you may get from a great set of mods, I'm jealous :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
oxygen sensor eliminator
K&N air filter

I wouldn't bother with the o2 sensor elim, and exhaust valve servo elim.

You can disable both in the ecu.

Instead get either the FTECU or the Woolich ecu flash kit. ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I did all that and just put a boosterplug on rather than get it remapped and worked well for me. 150+ rwhp, reasonable fueling and seems to pull fairly well

·
Registered
1 Posts
oxygen sensor eliminator
K&N air filter

Check out Holeshot Performance. Holeshot Performance Products, Inc.. Dale Walker's 10" slipon, Arrow headers, K&N air filter and Dobeck/Holeshot ProTuner box, is already set up based on over 180 dyno runs. HP increased from 137HP stock (dyno runs at his shop are at 4,500ft. elevation) to 156HP. I have set up 3 bikes with his products, (Bandit 1200, Vstrom DL 1000, and FJR 1300). This set up also eliminates the snatchy acceleration issue so common on this bike. Enjoy!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Check out Holeshot Performance. Holeshot Performance Products, Inc.. Dale Walker's 10" slipon, Arrow headers, K&N air filter and Dobeck/Holeshot ProTuner box, is already set up based on over 180 dyno runs. HP increased from 137HP stock (dyno runs at his shop are at 4,500ft. elevation) to 156HP. I have set up 3 bikes with his products, (Bandit 1200, Vstrom DL 1000, and FJR 1300). This set up also eliminates the snatchy acceleration issue so common on this bike. Enjoy!

There are a few posts now promoting Dale Walkers equipment comming from 1 post members, almost like they are self promotions, just saying

Reactions: unload

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm sure Dale is great at what he does. But youre much better off with a custom dyno tune/flash after replacing the stock exhaust.
I also prefer re-flashing, but then you *must* rely on an experienced tuner with countless runs on a dyno and knowledge on the software used for re-flash.
There are (used to be) devices/software for tuning by logged data, which is another option of course. (WRT, PCV and Motty).

Dale Walker surely knows his stuff and can document his work.
I also have first hand experienced with his work. (Bandit 1200/1250).

For anyone that will use a proven combo of what he have to offer to *specific* bikes (for example GSX-S 1000) will get just as good result as a custom re-flash (and usually cheaper I believe).

·
Registered
719 Posts
The problem with the reflash route, at least in florida, is that no one uses the reflashing software close by. (not woolich at least) There is a Flastune about 2 hours from me but my closest woolich option is about 4 hours away driving to miami. There are, however, multiple PCV tuners in town, Some with great reputations and 2 with portable dynos that will come to your house. The woolich website has an xcel file you can download to convert PCV to woolich......this is my plan for the moment. I can then disable fuel cut and copy timing maps from 5th to the first 4 gears.....Im also considering a road trip up north to ride the tail of the dragon. There are a couple of woolich tuners along the way.
Given that Daytona (and bike week) are only about 40 minutes from me, Im surprised that there are no woolich tuners in town. (That I know of.)

·
Registered
434 Posts
The problem with the reflash route, at least in florida, is that no one uses the reflashing software close by. (not woolich at least) There is a Flastune about 2 hours from me but my closest woolich option is about 4 hours away driving to miami. There are, however, multiple PCV tuners in town, Some with great reputations and 2 with portable dynos that will come to your house. The woolich website has an xcel file you can download to convert PCV to woolich......this is my plan for the moment. I can then disable fuel cut and copy timing maps from 5th to the first 4 gears.....Im also considering a road trip up north to ride the tail of the dragon. There are a couple of woolich tuners along the way.
Given that Daytona (and bike week) are only about 40 minutes from me, Im surprised that there are no woolich tuners in town. (That I know of.)

Why not a mail in service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
If just flashing to remove restrictions I would rather do it myself. I would rather have a complete tune done however since i have new headers.

I used schnitz racing and was very happy with them. Take a look since they also put a map on there based on a bike they tuned prior. Call and see if your setup will work with that map.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts