GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

The Arrow headers are there for 2 months now, does anybody of this forum installed those headers yet ?
This French guy did, and combined it with a USA Yoshimura can, I think it sounds good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmkgoLkzpCY :)

If Akrapovic is not there with a full system this winter, I will order the Arrow headers, but I'm still not sure witch can I want to use.
The Arrow Titanium racetech can looks good, the Yoshimura Jpn can does also but I think it will be to load to combine the headers with the Yoshi Jpn can :crying:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,

The Arrow headers are there for 2 months now, does anybody of this forum installed those headers yet ?
This French guy did, and combined it with a USA Yoshimura can, I think it sounds good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmkgoLkzpCY :)

If Akrapovic is not there with a full system this winter, I will order the Arrow headers, but I'm still not sure witch can I want to use.
The Arrow Titanium racetech can looks good, the Yoshimura Jpn can does also but I think it will be to load to combine the headers with the Yoshi Jpn can :crying:
Hi
We are going to be fitting the arrow headers and the Japan Yoshi this week, will post up a before and after dyno graph once we have finished. We are also going to be making some other mods at the same time so will see what we can gain.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Would really love it if the aftermarket guys designing these pipes would consider using the oem fittings. I've removed the rear footrest and have no intention in using a hanger.
Bigger and longer is not always better.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
We are going to be fitting the arrow headers and the Japan Yoshi this week, will post up a before and after dyno graph once we have finished. We are also going to be making some other mods at the same time so will see what we can gain.
I'm looking forward to the results.
The headers with the yoshi will look very clean.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here we go guys, attached are the dyno runs from before and after. The first run is the base run with stock headers and just a yoshi japan can ( no difference in power to standard can), the other line is the difference after a custom map, servo motor removed, full system and timing altered, theres more to come but we are unable to flash this ecu just yet but once we can will make more radicle changed to ignition and secondary butterflies. The bike rides far smoother now and can be ridden in 4th at 20mph with barely any snachy throttle like standard.
Theres a 7bhp gain up top and almost 10bhp in the mid range, as you can see the line is now much smoother. Theres no loss of power any where which shows the exhaust valve is nothing more than a sound/ emissions item unlike early r1s that relied on them to make any power low down.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great news, thanks for sharing. :cool:

The bike looks great with the Yoshi can.
Now I realy need to buy a full system or the arrow headers with a nice exhaust can.
7 bhp on top and 10 bhp in midrange is not a bad way to start, super !

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wow, those are significant mid-range gains. It's going to be interesting to see in time how tuned-up this model can be.

On a side note, what crash bungs has the owner installed? The only full set I can find are oggy knobs at $360 aud.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm not sure whats wrong with me but i just dont like the look of this big exhaust. What are they thinking when they put such a cannon on the bike. Everythink on new bike is minimalistic then they put such a chimney on!! Original is way better looking or im just getting old:nerd:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow, those are significant mid-range gains. It's going to be interesting to see in time how tuned-up this model can be.

On a side note, what crash bungs has the owner installed? The only full set I can find are oggy knobs at $360 aud.
Hi the crash bungs are evotech, R and G also do a set. this is our shop display and testing bike.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can anyone tell me where to buy these headers & a good muffler, because it looks as though you need to replace the complete system to get rid of the cat. Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts