GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for 1 fo the following 3:

• SC Project S1 - Black (£550 , Too much money really)
  • Scorpion Red Power Slip-On (actually for the Katana and the New GSXS) (£330)
  • Arrow Pro Race (Titanium £340)

I'd need a DB Killer & Ultimately I'm looking for the quietest of the 3.

I've drilled out my baffle of the stock exhaust & its really really too dammmmnn Loud!
I could be swayed by power gains but not enough too overlook noise - I enjoy Aggressive B-Road (Countrylanes) Riding & cant be disturbing the peace too much.

In terms of aesthetics the SC Project Wins hands Down but the price & the MotoGP Noise levels (ot sure if it has a baffle ) put me off

The Arrow in titanium would be cerrakoted so it'd be an around £400 in total but being Italian means it'd take months too arrive

The Scorpion is available pretty Quick but I'm unsure of the quality of them ; Anyone had any experience?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I’ve had slip ons from all 3 companies, all good quality, but from your 3 choices the Arrow is 3rd IMO. SC is #1, and the CF Heat Shield looks fantastic. But you’re right, probably too loud for you, although the double-wall outlet in the photo could be a removable sleeve. You need to find out if it is.

Scorpion looks cool, readily available and lower priced.

so sounds like Scorpion is your best option if it fits your year model.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve had slip ons from all 3 companies, all good quality, but from your 3 choices the Arrow is 3rd IMO. SC is #1, and the CF Heat Shield looks fantastic. But you’re right, probably too loud for you, although the double-wall outlet in the photo could be a removable sleeve. You need to find out if it is.

Scorpion looks cool, readily available and lower priced.

so sounds like Scorpion is your best option if it fits your year model.
Nice One

the SC project comes with a dB killer which is handy......interest free finance means I went for it 😂

thanks for responding ; i appreciate it.
Scorpion was next to be honest.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I started reading this thread and thought... Just go for the SC. Looks great, and you'll never be sorry you spent a little extra. Can't wait to see the pictures. ;) (y)

·
Registered
721 Posts
So, you're just talking about a slip-on with your cat still intact? I really don't think you need to worry about anything being too loud....

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, you're just talking about a slip-on with your cat still intact? I really don't think you need to worry about anything being too loud....
Turkey Tray (Baffles & Cat) of which one lies in the underpipe linked with the headers

where you make the cut (sorry if I'm preaching to the choir) is another cat , I left the latter in

My issue is i drilled out the baffle of the stock exhaust , when you do this you realise how big the can actually is........its too loud!

a work colleague wasn't convinced , he has a 2k11 fireblade with a Yoshi system on it - he started his bike i started mine , you could hear mine over his - its sounds nice but at higher revs it does my nut 😂😂

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haven't started it yet as i noticed a leak in my oil sump pan 🤦🏾‍♂️ one thing after another......truly.

tiny crack that I've temporarily filled (it won't last for ish as its epoxy araldite which is rubbish)

it's cured for 36 hours now & still kinda soft.

can't afford an oil sump pan yet - although webike Japan is £150 cheaper than UK including import tax & will take 2 - 3 days longer 😂 rip off Britain

·
Registered
2016 f
398 Posts
haven't started it yet as i noticed a leak in my oil sump pan 🤦🏾‍♂️ one thing after another......truly.

tiny crack that I've temporarily filled (it won't last for ish as its epoxy araldite which is rubbish)

it's cured for 36 hours now & still kinda soft.

can't afford an oil sump pan yet - although webike Japan is £150 cheaper than UK including import tax & will take 2 - 3 days longer 😂 rip off Britain
Take it off, clean the araldite crap off, then get an engine shop to tig weld it, surely alot cheaper than a replacement

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Take it off, clean the araldite crap off, then get an engine shop to tig weld it, surely alot cheaper than a replacement
yeah that's an idea but then I have to wait around for a gasket + my oil drain thread isn't right

only tightens without a washer - took the bike to a mechanic after putting in motul 300v (does not get on with this engine) & when he drained it he overtightened the thread.

need a new sump

took the bike out earlier , araldite layers seem to be holding.

I'm gonna use some gun gum as it's for exhausts & can withstand silly temps

I'll look for a welder though - good shout

·
Registered
2016 f
398 Posts
yeah that's an idea but then I have to wait around for a gasket + my oil drain thread isn't right

only tightens without a washer - took the bike to a mechanic after putting in motul 300v (does not get on with this engine) & when he drained it he overtightened the thread.

need a new sump

took the bike out earlier , araldite layers seem to be holding.

I'm gonna use some gun gum as it's for exhausts & can withstand silly temps

I'll look for a welder though - good shout
take the sump to the same place, they can weld the thread up, then retap it to have as good as new

1 - 16 of 16 Posts