GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have since seen that the baffles are fixed and not removable.
Was the sound drastically quieter when they were in?
just want something slightly less then decat with stock can and the S1 ticks all boxes on looks etc.
Dont want to fork out to find is to quiet.
also i have only taken 1 catalytic converter out the system , it could be louder , but I want to be heard not hated

·
Registered
152 Posts
also i have only taken 1 catalytic converter out the system , it could be louder , but I want to be heard not hated
Lol with you on that, i have fully decatted it, so thinking maybe leaving baffles in might be ok, i was hoping for removable baffles like on other cans, that could be fitted easily.
conquest Racing are quoting £579 including vat, which is about right looking at import taxes etc.

You know i’m gonna blame you… was going off the idea until i found your pics and thread…

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Lol with you on that, i have fully decatted it, so thinking maybe leaving baffles in might be ok, i was hoping for removable baffles like on other cans, that could be fitted easily.
conquest Racing are quoting £579 including vat, which is about right looking at import taxes etc.

You know i’m gonna blame you… was going off the idea until i found your pics and thread…
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Like your headlight. Gives nice lines to the bike. What have you done there?
Alchemyparts.co.uk ,
  • Grabbed the Headlight ; Many options .
  • Vernier caliper around the forks (our forks are NOT linear in measurement) , the upper part is thinner in girth than the lower part so bracket selection was the most complicated
  • However ; Hiding the cabling & Supporting the Odometer is another task , The odometer is easy to get around. The Cable hiding still hasn't been dealt with - I need a CAD designer with a 3D printer to Print a bracket to tidy up the front end , but it definitely looks better

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Now thats just teasing.. Gotta say for the matt black bikes its got to be the best looking, slightly more aggressive than stock, smaller enough to not look out of place…
Yeah , I'm very happy with it - I'll see later if I can make a video & upload to YouTube & Link it here

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Your teasing was enough…. Ordered one today. Its exactly what i was wanting… not cheap but sometimes you have to pay for what you want..
Quality , everything's better in the flesh , the quality is 2nd to None , however if you really want that baffle out you will technically have to impair the exhaust & this will obviously void returns / warranty , the other issue is that after you drill out the hole I'd suggest using a small amount of glue on the hex tip & leave it on the bolt because I dropped it attempting to take it out

It was rattling around for months , i had to drill down the carbon tip & pry the bolt out with small allen keys 🤦‍♂️

nice to see a picture to once you've done it

·
Registered
152 Posts
Quality , everything's better in the flesh , the quality is 2nd to None , however if you really want that baffle out you will technically have to impair the exhaust & this will obviously void returns / warranty , the other issue is that after you drill out the hole I'd suggest using a small amount of glue on the hex tip & leave it on the bolt because I dropped it attempting to take it out

It was rattling around for months , i had to drill down the carbon tip & pry the bolt out with small allen keys 🤦‍♂️

nice to see a picture to once you've done it
Looking to keep the baffle in, i have the full decat pipe, so hoping it will just change tone instead of make is too quiet.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,346 Posts
Now I wonder why they feel the need to do THIS :unsure:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Now I wonder why they feel the need to do THIS :unsure:
The Answer: Ride closer together,
it would be physically impossible for a ‘noise camera’ to pick one bike from a pack, These camera’s are just a spin off for the ones design to catch street racing boy racers.
i’m sure once it got challenged in court as to how loud is to loud when its passed an mot or just purely designed that way (harley’s and the like), it would go down hill..

21 - 34 of 34 Posts