GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Have you looked at the Black Widow headers? Much cheaper and made in UK. Their headers look nice and run about $540 delivered.
thanks for the reply. i did look at them briefly but didnt find enough info or more importantly, reviews/testimonials so i considered arrow/yosh/m4 more proven the coin landed on arrow.

Registered
Have you looked at the Black Widow headers? Much cheaper and made in UK. Their headers look nice and run about $540 delivered.
thanks for the reply. i did look at them briefly but didnt find enough info or more importantly, reviews/testimonials so i
considered arrow/yosh/m4 more proven the coin landed on arrow.
Seriously stay clear of Black Widow... I have spoken to many exhaust makers and they are all of the same opinion...cheap for a reason... Poor quality Chinese stainless steel and are not a perfect fit.

If you don't want a full Yoshi (I didn't because I wanted to retain a stubby exhaust) then you really need to look at the Arrow headers.

I've just purchased the Arrow racetech header set... So this removes all the cat, collection chamber etc. They are made to utilise the original stubby exhaust...and use all the original mounting points. They will also fit my beautiful Matt black Remus Hypercone slip on..

Once fitted I'll post a review.

Registered
Seriously stay clear of Black Widow... I have spoken to many exhaust makers and they are all of the same opinion...cheap for a reason... Poor quality Chinese stainless steel and are not a perfect fit.

If you don't want a full Yoshi (I didn't because I wanted to retain a stubby exhaust) then you really need to look at the Arrow headers.

I've just purchased the Arrow racetech header set... So this removes all the cat, collection chamber etc. They are made to utilise the original stubby exhaust...and use all the original mounting points. They will also fit my beautiful Matt black Remus Hypercone slip on..

It should not come as a surprise that competitors will "down-talk" each other.

Unless you have personal experience (you don't have yet) I would not take their word for it.

I have both Arrow and Black Widow.

They are both *far* from perfect fit.

The OEM is perfect fit.

"Chinese Steel".. sounds pretty much like "Chinese Turbo's", which is a way of saying ("You must pay double and let us import the "Chines Steel/Turbo" and sell it to you as something "genuine") ;)

Almost everything these days are made on a "child worker" chinese factory.
And we all contribute to it to save money.
:|

Registered

Unless you have personal experience (you don't have yet) I would not take their word for it.

The OEM is perfect fit.

"Chinese Steel".. sounds pretty much like "Chinese Turbo's", which is a way of saying ("You must pay double and let us import the "Chines Steel/Turbo" and sell it to you as something "genuine")

I respect that... But I got my arrows fitted by an independent Race specialst who have a fantastic reputation and no connection to any particular manufactures..

When they make a race bike they use akraprovic systems... As a first choice... Second choice is arrow...

They have categorically said do not use black widow...

But hey I'm only recommending what I use... My Arrow Race-Tec header set, Remus hypercone and power commander have given me 13bhp at the rear wheel... Sound awesome and my god she's quick...

But it's your call.

Registered
I respect that... But I got my arrows fitted by an independent Race specialst who have a fantastic reputation and no connection to any particular manufactures..

When they make a race bike they use akraprovic systems... As a first choice... Second choice is arrow...

They have categorically said do not use black widow...

But hey I'm only recommending what I use... My Arrow Race-Tec header set, Remus hypercone and power commander have given me 13bhp at the rear wheel... Sound awesome and my god she's quick...

But it's your call.
Looking forward to your review and dyno charts. I too like the look of the reemus.

Registered

The OEM is perfect fit.

"Chinese Steel".. sounds pretty much like "Chinese Turbo's", which is a way of saying ("You must pay double and let us import the "Chines Steel/Turbo" and sell it to you as something "genuine") ;)

:|
I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on them. Do you think the Arrow worth the price difference? Is there an obvious quality difference between the 2?

Registered
I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on them. Do you think the Arrow worth the price difference? Is there an obvious quality difference between the 2?
I did not pay much more for my Arrow headers. So for me the price was no issue.

Arros uses a different design (like Akrapovic headers) than Black Widow.

The fitment is better (read: not as bad) for Arrow compared to the headers from Black Widow.

That is to be expected as Arrow uses "spigots" and slide-fitment vs Black Widows headers using tubes from exhaust port to colllector like OEM.
(OEM is even in one piece from headers to end pipe).
Black Widow do not use "link pipes" between header pipe, which I like, as this is an area that can develop leaks/false air for WB-sensor. The same goes for spigots/slide-fit (to the exhaust ports).

I have the habit to try out different exhaust, because I just like to "mod" during the (long) winter where I live. :)

I will be able to report more about what I think about Arrow vs Black Widow when spring is here, and I can test the bike.
;)

Registered
So, getting back to the topic, who has a full Yoshi system and can tell us how you like it compared to the Arrow?

Both full systems run about $1200

The M4 runs about $850, but I don't care for the end can.

If I had a good exhaust guy around here, I think I would just cut out the cat and valve and weld in a bridge piece.

Registered
Hi, I have always mounted arrow on my previous bikes and I can tell you that they are very well done. For our gsx I opted for the black widow because the arrow I consider them too expensive (I live in Italy and pay them less than you) even if they are a photocopy of the original complete with tubes of compensation between the first and fourth cylinder and even between the second and third cylinder. The yoshimura are really exaggerated as a price and I immediately discarded them also because they do not give the possibility to reassemble the original exhaust plate like arrow or black widow. I have also discarded the idea of 鈥嬧媍utting the original exhaust manifolds for a possible problem with the sale of the motorcycle in the future, otherwise I would have thought about the kit offered by the racefit exhaust. m4 but I do not know them because here in Italy are not widespread but I can say that with the black widow the bike is fine and makes a mess, I simply made the choice with minimum expense and maximum yield. why should I spend double the money or almost 4 steel pipes?
I hope I have been a little help.;)

Attachments

Registered
My Black widow exhaust manifolds cost 450 euros = about 558 usd. I fitted them with the original silencer because in my opinion it is completely useless to change the exhaust tailpipe on this bike if not only for aesthetic beauty even if in my opinion the original terminal is very small and beautiful. However, already so the bike makes a great noise and it's okay to keep it so for the police.

Registered
It is two meter snow outside the "garage" where I have my GSXS.
Could not wait anymore to test the Black Widow system so I started the bike (inside) last week.
It sounded great, no leaks, and I tested the "launch control" and QS from *Woolich* on the Bursig stand. >:D
Looking forward til' summer arrives.. sometimes in August. :crying:

Registered
I did not pay much more for my Arrow headers. So for me the price was no issue.

Arros uses a different design (like Akrapovic headers) than Black Widow.

The fitment is better (read: not as bad) for Arrow compared to the headers from Black Widow.

That is to be expected as Arrow uses "spigots" and slide-fitment vs Black Widows headers using tubes from exhaust port to colllector like OEM.
(OEM is even in one piece from headers to end pipe).
Black Widow do not use "link pipes" between header pipe, which I like, as this is an area that can develop leaks/false air for WB-sensor. The same goes for spigots/slide-fit (to the exhaust ports).

I have the habit to try out different exhaust, because I just like to "mod" during the (long) winter where I live. :)

I will be able to report more about what I think about Arrow vs Black Widow when spring is here, and I can test the bike.
;)
even in my opinion the exhaust manifolds arrow are better and are the copy of the original while black widiw looks more like yoshimura. the difference for me was that here in Italy the arrow cost 660/680 euros while the black widow are at 450/400 euros. Then I always think with the idea that they are 4 steel tubes and I did not want to spend a lot. just that they work well.

Registered
It is two meter snow outside the "garage" where I have my GSXS.
Could not wait anymore to test the Black Widow system so I started the bike (inside) last week.
It sounded great, no leaks, and I tested the "launch control" and QS from *Woolich* on the Bursig stand. >:D
Looking forward til' summer arrives.. sometimes in August. :crying:
You kidding me? August? You might as well sell it and by a snowmobile!

Either that or move somewhere in Central America!

Black Widow seems to be gaining in popularity...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts