GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Well, worked on it again tonight and for some reason it went right on without having to cut the ring off. Not sure what was going on before but it works now. Thanks to Mike for the heads up on a cheap. but effective, cruise control.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Well, worked on it again tonight and for some reason it went right on without having to cut the ring off. Not sure what was going on before but it works now. Thanks to Mike for the heads up on a cheap. but effective, cruise control.
Sure glad it worked for you. I felt bad that i couldn't remember my exact steps, and I know, like you, it was one of those, it doesn't work / now it does, things.
I really like mine and I've got a Kaoko in the garage that I'll sell cheap if anyone wants one. The nep is just so much easier to use (and I use it a lot).

Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here are some pictures. Stock throttle tube, ProGrip 731 grips.
Can you flip the NEP around so that the lever is at the top? My aftermarket handlebars are pretty low. If so, do you think it would possible to operate one handed?

Also, how does the NEP work? I like the friction pad idea of the Atlas but clueless about the NEP. Can you still throttle off with the NEP engaged?

I'm pretty much settled on the Atlas top version, just wondering if I can save a few bucks with the NEP before I take the plunge.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Can you flip the NEP around so that the lever is at the top? My aftermarket handlebars are pretty low. If so, do you think it would possible to operate one handed?

Also, how does the NEP work? I like the friction pad idea of the Atlas but clueless about the NEP. Can you still throttle off with the NEP engaged?

I'm pretty much settled on the Atlas top version, just wondering if I can save a few bucks with the NEP before I take the plunge.
I haven't done it, but I think the Nep could be flipped around because it's just press fit pieces. The Nep works with friction. It has a set screw that adjusts how tight it is when switched on. The throttle can easily be twisted off or adjusted on the fly.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts