GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just picked my naked ABS version up and I can see there is no ABS warning light on the instrument cluster. I have the ABS hardware ie the sensor rings and respective pickup sensors. Anyway I called the dealer and the other naked in thier showroom is the same.... No indicator light but the faired model they have does have it. It should be on the left side below the high beam indicator light.
Any one else has this?!?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ok, just picked my naked ABS version up and I can see there is no ABS warning light on the instrument cluster. I have the ABS hardware ie the sensor rings and respective pickup sensors. Anyway I called the dealer and the other naked in thier showroom is the same.... No indicator light but the faired model they have does have it. It should be on the left side below the high beam indicator light.
Any one else has this?!?
The rings are there for traction control also. You might not have ABS.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine have the warning light in the cockpit and turn on when turn on the key and when the bike move the abs light (orange) turn off.

You must have the sticker on the right side of the front mudguard and the bike code must be GSX-S 1000 A L6.
If doesn't you don't have ABS. It's simply.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No stickers and I also checked the fuse box...nada. The dealer is going to call Suzuki on Monday as the bike was supplied/indicated as an ABS model. They will sort something out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
But how can a dealer confuse an ABS model with a normal model?
I can't believe...
They have a different code also...
Eyes open wide chr1s ;)

·
Registered
387 Posts
The rings are there for traction control also. You might not have ABS.
Mine is ABS and has the orange indicator at the bottom left of the dash, it goes out when the bike starts moving, you must have been on the phone to them when I was there as they came and looked at my bike to check where it was

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,884 Posts
On your V5 reg doc item D.3 indicates the model, what does it say?

·
Registered
726 Posts
No stickers and I also checked the fuse box...nada. The dealer is going to call Suzuki on Monday as the bike was supplied/indicated as an ABS model. They will sort something out.
Looks like you got a non ABS one if there's no sticker on the front mudguard.... Mind you my dealer told me they sold a non ABS to a chap by mistake, had to supply him with the correct one as you can't retro fit thw ABS gubbins...!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is the code on the warranty book

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
But how can a dealer confuse an ABS model with a normal model?
I can't believe...
They have a different code also...
When I first looked at one in the dealer show room, two different salesmen told me it was the ABS model. I went home and did some homework and realized that the ABS model should have a ABS decal on the right side of the front fender. Went back to the dealership and looked at the front fender.....no decal. I challenged the salesmen on the issue and they still insisted it was a ABS model. They were basing their judgement on the fact that it had speed sensor rotors on the wheels. I pointed out to them that the speed sensor rotors were also required for traction control. They looked at their invoice and admitted that their dealer price was for a "non-ABS" model. They ordered a ABS model for me but if I had not done my homework, they would have sold me a non-ABS model as "ABS equipped".

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think only ABS model in Italy...
When I bought mine I don't know there was a non ABS model.
I remeber something about a law that does not allow in Italy to sold any bike without ABS since 2014...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it. The dealer is calling Suzuki on Monday and they will call me with an update when they have an answer. I've no idea how a mistake like this could be made, the consequences could have been ugly if I hadn't noticed though. Today was the first time I'd seen the bike and after a quick walk round to check for damage I rode it home.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it. The dealer is calling Suzuki on Monday and they will call me with an update when they have an answer. I've no idea how a mistake like this could be made, the consequences could have been ugly if I hadn't noticed though. Today was the first time I'd seen the bike and after a quick walk round to check for damage I rode it home.
Have you got it written down on the sales invoice you payed for the ABS model.... I'm sure it will all ok but you never know...;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Check your fuse box. There should be a fuse for abs, if its not there then my friend it is a non abs model.
20A abs mot fuse protects abs system and a 15A abs valve fuse protects abs system ,so this two fuse must be present if it is a abs model.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Check your fuse box. There should be a fuse for abs, if its not there then my friend it is a non abs model.
20A abs mot fuse protects abs system and a 15A abs valve fuse protects abs system ,so this two fuse must be present if it is a abs model.
Looks like a genuine mistake by the dealer...!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Easy way to tell is go to the left hand side of bike and look above and towards the engine from the rear brake master cylinder you should be able to see a round object quite shiny and if you feel it it should have a lot of tubes going into it.
From what you're saying it isn't looking good.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts