GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm assuming we all have the same owners manual.
You have probably noticed that there are two maintenance schedule charts one for Europe and Oceania and another for the rest of the world.
The service intervals for Oceania and Europe are 12000 kms , double the others.
I recently recieved a letter from my dealer about servicing stating the service intervals are 6000km.
I have been to see them, with the owners manual, and they are adamant Suzuki has it wrong and it needs to be serviced every 6000km. They say they will be contacting Suzuki NZ about it.

Now, I'm quite happy to change the oil every 6000km, its the other bollocks like tightening the chassis bolts etc ( which I dont think we should be paying for anyway, use some loctite ffs) that I'm not keen on having to pay for every 6000kms.
This would mean 3-4 services a year for me.
Has anyone else had this discussion with their dealers, do you intend on following the manual?
I'm sticking to the manual unless I get a letter from Suzuki saying they have made an error.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had same pressure put on me and it was just my dealers opinion and way of relieving me of my hard earned cash faster.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What has he said regarding your warranty if you stick to Suzuki service intervals?
He very subtly tried to suggest there may be warranty problems if I stick to the 12000ks for servicing.

Can't see that Suzuki would have a leg to stand on unless the send out a letter stating the user manual is wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts