GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a 320 km round trip yesterday to have the bike serviced and have new rubber fitted. Got home at sunset and managed to shoot the attached picture on our local wharf - we live on the ridge in the background.

After two pairs of Metzler Roadtec 01's which I'm totally satisfied with for the type of riding I do, have gone for Michelin Road 5's this time simply out of curiosity; having also used both PR3's and 4's in the past. Too early to tell what they're like but will do an evaluation in due course.

Cheers,

Geoff

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice picture!
Thanks Mike! I live on the ridge in the background and we get some nice sunsets. The last 50 km of my journey is on a twisty road right on the edge of the sea. You have the choice of admiring the scenery or "making progress", but not both together as that will lead to tears :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi geoff, i recently did a little fang around the eastcape, stayed overnight at omaio bay campsite, then headed to waihao bay for fuel up, had a stop at hicks bay wharf, then cruised back thru waioeka gorge and back to otorohanga via mamakus, see a couple of pics below
Very nice! Haven't been round East Cape since 2010 when I did my last Iron Butt 1600 km in under 24 hours. The south island beckons next year.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What a place, I have been around but never made it to NZ, always wanted to go since I was a lad. .... one day, lovely pic.

Go Crusaders!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a place, I have been around but never made it to NZ, always wanted to go since I was a lad. .... one day, lovely pic.

Go Crusaders!
Thank you!

I left the UK in my mid-20s and never regretted it. The south island in particular is riding heaven, although the roads where we live are pretty good too with stuff-all traffic.

Good win for the Crusaders!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts