GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for the mixed title, I put all those in the search function before doing this mod which didn't throw to much results up, so hopefully this helps someone out.

I managed to get myself a wiring diagram and went in search for this illusive O.P connector on the F model.

Yes it's under the tank... but I'd have said behind the right side of the radiator (sat on the bike) more so. Once the top mounting bolts of the rad were out and it was pulled forward it was much easier to gain access this way as the connector only has about 1.5" of cable to play with.

I got the connectors out of the block and into a 2 pin waterproof one, running the cable up into the cavity under the tank. I've then split the cable, one to my SAE connector for my phone and one to my heated grips.

Photos for help if it's needed.

Mark.

Attachments

·
Registered
980 Posts
Woo-hoo! You win the gold star for today! You're the first person I know of (at least on this forum) to actually see this elusive critter. Pics are a plus. If I may make a suggestion, I think a thread title of something like "Factory heated grip location on F model" would be more descriptive and helpful for someone scanning the threads.

·
Registered
437 Posts
13.16.20 You have just made alot of the fairy boys happy with that find (Im not one of them by the way)
They will doubtless be on to shower you with praise for your great work :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't seem to edit the title 🤔 I'm new to this forum activity, the last bike forum I was on was more Facebook active. Glad it can help people out though. The plug is there, might as well tap into it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Can't seem to edit the title 🤔 I'm new to this forum activity, the last bike forum I was on was more Facebook active. Glad it can help people out though. The plug is there, might as well tap into it.
I guess the poster can't edit titles. Maybe an administrator / moderator will see this and change it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well done and thank you for sharing the info. My dealer was obviously pulling my chain so that they could charge fo the work.

·
Registered
539 Posts
so can is there an adapter to connect that into a usb plug in? id like to use it to charge my phone while riding if thats possible
Into that particular style connector, I haven't seen one. But you could easily splice into the wires themselves. Plenty of options out there for charging off 12V. I'm planning on eventually splicing in a car lighter style, or maybe PowerPort.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The white connector circled in red can be attached to with an appropriate connector and this then wired to something like a USB car charger e.g.

Mountable charger port: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-USB-Car-Charger-2-Port-Plus-Adapter-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-For-Samsung/292165016188

Loose connectors you could locate somewhere to attach to: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-to-5V-Dual-USB-Power-Adapter-Converter-Cable-Connector-Car-Charger-For-Phone/201926844000

Just wish I knew what type of connector that white one is so I can order the other half of it....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ok then answer me this, i found a switched live 4 wire plug, 2 of which seem to be switched, on the offside near the diagnostic plug. What is this for ? it has a blank cover on it. Ive used one of these switched live's to trigger my relay for heated grips as the dealer who fitted them wired them directly to the battery, never a good idea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts