This is my 3rd GSXS-1000
One blue then grey and know red
I float between Street Glides and the GSXS
Great to be back

Craig

See less See more
#2 ·
G'Day Craig,
Welcome back Mate, but you never really went away did you?
Good artistry in the selection of the photo's you posted up today. I looked straight past the GSX-S on first look, just smiling at the Falcon Ute with the new tray.
Then I looked at the Avatar column to see Australia. I was actually wondering to myself " I didn't know Ford in the USA sold our Falcon Ute over there ?" as the scene looks so American backwoods.
That setting sun really set's off the GSX-S1000 colour's.
Of course, the Red and Black was always my pick of the bunch, but my second 1000 in Blue looks good too.

Rob.

#6 ·
Hi Verbatim
I really enjoy the feeling of a Street Glide super comfortable and my wife is comfortable on it but the pure riding sensation of the GSXS-1000 is something else
I often have one of each at the same time but two mistress is too expensive when I can’t leave things standard
Ride safe
Craig

#9 ·
Hi Verbatim
I often have one of each at the same time but two mistress is too expensive when I can’t leave things standard
Craig
In the long run, buying/selling/modding is more expensive. :D

And what on earth is that car/truck thing? Quite the example of modding gone wrong. :D

#17 ·
Here's another variation of the Falcon cab Chassis.
This is how the Panel Van vehicle would have left the Ford factory at Broadmeadows, Melbourne, Victoria.

The Utility (Ute) tub has been vertically extended upwards and past the Cab roof line, and the end of the Ute tub has a pair of barn doors or horizontally split opening doors. The existing Ute tailgate and one above it, with a glass panel in it.
Being a Van, there it was fully open behind the 2 bucket seats or a 3 person bench seat.
Can you see how it was easy for a Body Builder to make a Funeral Hearse from the Van ?

Rob.

Attachments

#20 ·
There was enthusiasm for this locally in Australia, and the Factory had the capacity to produce small ongoing numbers, but there was a then hidden agenda in GM Detroit to veto it.

The then Holden Commodore was a older chassis nearing the end of life, the US Unions had a negative attitude, and the numbers were far too small in context of the US Market and Dealer Cost's.
The reality was that GM wanted our Australian Holden Factory to close and import from America and Asian/Korean Factories, which happened and is now the on going case.

Once a Country loses the ability to design a vehicle from a clean sheet to final roll off the assembly line, AND aided in this by your own hard right wing Government, you know your Manufacturing Industry has been sold out cheaply.

Rob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.