GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
This is now stretching my patience. My bike is sitting in a showroom (and it better have a fu&@ing big KEEP OFF sign on it) ready to roll out the door and I have no idea when the hold will be released, or even what the hold is for. Meanwhile, those lucky ones who have theirs on the road are still free to enjoy them as they HAVE NOT been recalled on safety grounds.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I got up to an indicated 136mph today and nothing fell off ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If I had got on with the z1000sx I would be severely tempted to buy a year old one now! But I didn't so will have to wait but not happy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer and apparently it is a recall on the lower radiator hose, but they are telling me that Suzuki haven't given much detail!

Told me it could be another 10 days until it is fixed and I can take delivery :(

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yep same here, 10-14 days for the dealer to receive the parts required.

Unless they recall the bikes that are out there already, I still don't see why they won't release the new ones. At this rate I won't have it until August when I'll be away for a few weeks.. bang goes my summer of riding then!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Is the problem with the faired version only?
I've had a look at my hose and unless there is a problem with the actual hose itself I cannot see what the problem would be.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
If its going to be 2 weeks for my dealer to get the part then another week for them to fit it, cos of course they will be booked up and by then the nights will be drawing in so by the time i get home from work there will just about enough daylight for a 20 minute ride. perfect,
not

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
dealer just wound me up by saying if I had picked the bike up a day earlier then I would have missed the problem, but they were the ones who couldn't get it ready any earlier. Grrrrrrr
off to work, its less stressful

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ahh yes I see now. There is a 22mm gap between header and hose. No sign of hose damage. I'm surprised the header tank for the rad isn't affected cos that is in a stupid place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ahh yes I see now. There is a 22mm gap between header and hose. No sign of hose damage. I'm surprised the header tank for the rad isn't affected cos that is in a stupid place.
Just looked at mine and think Suzuki are being a bit OTT here.
Unless you do burn outs and get the exhaust red hot I can't see
anyone having a problem - wouldn't mind betting that your rear
tyre would burst before the coolant hose failed.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Just looked at mine and think Suzuki are being a bit OTT here.
Unless you do burn outs and get the exhaust red hot I can't see
anyone having a problem - wouldn't mind betting that your rear
tyre would burst before the coolant hose failed.
Could be heat cycles or the potential for someone to replace the hose and getting it nearer to the header. The size and material of the sleeve would tell us more.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Maybe I'm expecting too much here, but...

May
Put my deposit down for expected delivery 3rd week of June

Early June
Sold my bike and arranged finance in readiness for delivery

3rd week of June
Expected delivery now early July

Early July
Expected delivery now mid July

Mid July
Bike delivered but on hold, expected 2 - 3 weeks before release.
Contacted Suzuki Customer Services - no reply
Dealer now saying I may be able to have my bike by the end if this week as Suzuki are sending the parts over by air on Monday.

Sorry, but this whole situation has really got me questioning my decision to go back to Suzuki. I'll be seriously contemplating my options this weekend... after all, it's not like I have a bike to pass the time :(

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
My exact thoughts

Maybe I'm expecting too much here, but...

May
Put my deposit down for expected delivery 3rd week of June

Early June
Sold my bike and arranged finance in readiness for delivery

3rd week of June
Expected delivery now early July

Early July
Expected delivery now mid July

Mid July
Bike delivered but on hold, expected 2 - 3 weeks before release.
Contacted Suzuki Customer Services - no reply
Dealer now saying I may be able to have my bike by the end if this week as Suzuki are sending the parts over by air on Monday.

Sorry, but this whole situation has really got me questioning my decision to go back to Suzuki. I'll be seriously contemplating my options this weekend... after all, it's not like I have a bike to pass the time :(
yeh my thoughts exactly Martin
I am going into the dealer on Tuesday and if suzuki aren't willing to offer a sweetener or two then i will be buying a different make the next day !
I could fully understand a faulty part they had out scourced but this is a design fault!
I loved the bike on the test ride but along with the snatchy throtle i am seriously doubting my decision.
at least I only paid a £100 deposit!

·
Registered
82 Posts
The recall is for a rad hose which may suffer from wear. Popped in to see dealer yesterday reckon it's a couple of weeks until remedy part arrives. 😩

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I hope yts not that long and it had better be worth the wait!!!
Sold my bandit 4 weeks ago. this is the longesr I've been without a bike for years

21 - 40 of 71 Posts