GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Suzuki GSX S1000 ABS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating ordering either the CRG Arrow, or a knockoff version of them for 1/4 the price. I am looking for anyone who has thoughts on these that have used them in either of the two arrangements that are below in the images. How do you find visibility, are they useful at all or should i stick to a mirror that extends out from the bars more?

Currently the bike is running the tall stock mirrors which are what i want to get rid of. Where I live lane splitting is not legal, nor is filtering so i am not looking at these for that. Just purely function, and of course overall aesthetics of the bike.

Also if anyone knows if this is a simple install for my GSX S1000 that would also be helpful. This is going to be my first real modification to the bike aside from the tidy tail, and am looking forward to adding more in the near future, trying to decide on a helmet cam, or a front + Rear dash cam next.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have the knock offs, Chinese ebay copies and they've been great. They distort at highway speeds but are fine otherwise. Visibility is good when fitted above the bars, useless when mounted below. They were less than $20.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am debating ordering either the CRG Arrow, or a knockoff version of them for 1/4 the price. I am looking for anyone who has thoughts on these that have used them
I have run both and run the Chinese ones now
But
Definitely a case of get what you pay for with them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just realized these mirrors, CRG Arrow, are $150 per mirror. Def will not be taking this route. Will either find a different brand or a knockoff for sure.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
I just realized these mirrors, CRG Arrow, are $150 per mirror. Def will not be taking this route. Will either find a different brand or a knockoff for sure.
Puig Website they have some for £40 (ish) quality mirrors no distortion (puig parts are quality) i had some cheap ones on my z900 , learned fast (especially with automotive and computers) cheap is as Cheap does my friend....Cheaply

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
Thats not so bad, about $175 CAD for those ones. Much better than the $150 per mirror. Thank you for that.
quite welcome

Personally i have these

The HT4 - Came with my Bike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quite welcome

Personally i have these

The HT4 - Came with my Bike
I was looking at those as well, but sadly where i am they are $142CAD each. Bit out of my price range right now. I know quality comes at a price, so i think ill just have to wait a bit and get some good ones. Thank you though

·
Registered
846 Posts
I was looking at those as well, but sadly where i am they are $142CAD each. Bit out of my price range right now. I know quality comes at a price, so i think ill just have to wait a bit and get some good ones. Thank you though
They're just as expensive here in Australia hence i opted for $20 knock offs. Just never got around to buying the real ones.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They're just as expensive here in Australia hence i opted for $20 knock offs. Just never got around to buying the real ones.
I totally get that, i just ordered these on Ebay as a placeholder till i can pick up the better ones. Hoping my cheapness doesnt result in me regretting it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
OP, I have the CRG Arrows, no issues, easy install and have stayed in position. However, I have mine towards the outside, not inside like in your first photos. the small silver screw head on the outside in your photo is towards the INSIDE the way I have it for wider visibility. In other words, rotated 180 degrees to the out side vs. the photo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts