GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've had a version of those on many bikes, from the expensive CRG to the cheapo eBay, they have always been fine. I'm waiting for a folding version supposed to be coming tomorrow to put on the gsx.
I have a set exactly like yours on my 2015 V max and they are holding up fine.
They are good when I am counting ounces trying to lighten up a bike in every affordable way, they are usually good for a pound or more.
I should add that sometimes they actually improve visibility :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks input..yes I left stockers on initially so I could align the view as close as possible before locking them down..seemed a decent view.....
Vmax..... Nice

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looks good, I went the more expensive route with the CRG lane splitters but I would be hard pressed to tell them apart from yours.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good, I went the more expensive route with the CRG lane splitters but I would be hard pressed to tell them apart from yours.
Thanks.. was unsure on form or function so figured I would go cheap see how they do and see how I like them..
Wife would kick me in balls if I spent much more after all the bits I have done recently lol.. I am currently pushing for a SM or Enduro so going easy lol
Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did the same except with the folding version of the cheap ones. I had to replace two of the screws as they weren't long enough and were pulling out. Fine now though and I don't really notice the difference with out the bar end weights.

I found the view is far better than the standard ones. I'm just not sure if I'm sold on the round shape or of i go something a bit more oval.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the same except with the folding version of the cheap ones. I had to replace two of the screws as they weren't long enough and were pulling out. Fine now though and I don't really notice the difference with out the bar end weights.

I found the view is far better than the standard ones. I'm just not sure if I'm sold on the round shape or of i go something a bit more oval.
Yes , I am getting used to the look, not sure if I'll rotate under the bar or keep as is but can say the function as in view is way better then anything else I tried, zero vibration on image and clear sight, no worries with out the bar weights either... Best 11 quid spent so far... 🙂

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I picked up a set of CNC Racing Rocket mirrors and they are working out very well so far.
I've had CRG LS HSs in the past and liked them, but the anodizing didn't hold up well.
I decided to try the CNC Racing version because I liked the look, but they also seem very high quality.
The stock bar ends fit perfectly onto the CNC Racing mounting system.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Thats actually not bad. I was expecting well over 100 Bones.
Yea, it wasn't bad enough to stop me from buying them, and they don't need any additional adapters like the CRGs.
I have some miles on them now, and I'm really liking them. It's nice not having the stock big mirrors in my main frontal view. It makes it feel more open.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Very interesting that they install keeping the stock bar end weights .. how did you do that?
They have a screw that is longer than it needs to be, and it's long enough to accommodate the stock bar end weights. You do have to remove the stock screw and retention system from the weights.
(different bar end - same principle).
Working flawlessly so far!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Does anyone have bar-end mirrors that work with a Kaoko throttle lock.

I'd really like a set but don't want to give up my Kaoko. These look like they mount between the bar end and the grip and don't replace the bare end, so it might work.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Does anyone have bar-end mirrors that work with a Kaoko throttle lock.

I'd really like a set but don't want to give up my Kaoko. These look like they mount between the bar end and the grip and don't replace the bare end, so it might work.

Anyone know?
I used to have the Kaoko setup and I don't think they would work. The Kaoko system needs their bar end to snug up against the throttle tube, right? The CNC mirrors mount between the bar end and the end of the bars and need to be clamped securely, so the Kaoko end wouldn't be able to touch the throttle tube.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts