GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the threads related to the topic are about adding bar risers. I'm actually thinking to remove mine.
My 2016F came with 20mm risers but the previous owner was considerably taller then me.
I'm 5'9" (175cm) and feel I'm sitting too upright. With Puig touring screen I'm still getting a bit too much wind into the helmet.
I will remove risers and turn bar a few degrees closer to me.
Any comments from similar height riders?
Cheers,
D.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm actually considering removing and not using risers at all. Was soliciting opinions of others with similar height riding without risers.
Thank you for recommendation,
D.

·
Registered
2016 GSX-S1000
100 Posts
I'm 5'11" so just a little bit taller than you but to me the riding position was too hunched over without the risers in place. I found myself doing the ol "turn sideways and use 1 hand on the bars" trick even on short trips to try to relieve my back.

If you're in your 20s this might not be a problem for you lol.

Reactions: Geoff C

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most of the threads related to the topic are about adding bar risers. I'm actually thinking to remove mine.
My 2016F came with 20mm risers but the previous owner was considerably taller then me.
I'm 5'9" (175cm) and feel I'm sitting too upright. With Puig touring screen I'm still getting a bit too much wind into the helmet.
I will remove risers and turn bar a few degrees closer to me.
Any comments from similar height riders?
Cheers,
D.

I have risers that are 1” up and 1” back, and I love them and wouldnt do without them. I am 6’ tall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts