GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought l put this out there, got a 2022 GSXS1000 and l want to get 20mm bar risers that fit the stock bars, anyone done this to their GSXS and what brand did you use, and where did you get them from ?

Registered
2023 GSX S1000
Here's a few threads that have suggestions on bar risers

Registered
I just fitted a set today. I found them on Amazon. They shipped from china. Came with longer bolts. Easy install. I do not know if these fit a 2022.

Registered
I just fitted a set today. I found them on Amazon. They shipped from china. Came with longer bolts. Easy install. I do not know if these fit a 2022.

Be careful if you're using the bolts that were supplied with those Chinese risers. I don't know if the pictures in the Amazon link accurately depict what you received, but there's no markings on the bolt heads denoting their grade. This isn't universally true, but many times unmarked bolts can be very low quality. Using high quality handlebar mounting hardware is incredibly important.

Registered
Be careful if you're using the bolts that were supplied with those Chinese risers. I don't know if the pictures in the Amazon link accurately depict what you received, but there's no markings on the bolt heads denoting their grade. This isn't universally true, but many times unmarked bolts can be very low quality. Using high quality handlebar mounting hardware is incredibly important.
Bolts actually looked pretty good. They appear to be chromed. I intend to get SS bolts if I leave the risers on. Still have not made up my mind if I like the bars higher or not. I find myself leaning forward at speed now to reduce wind drag. I wish someone made a 10 or 12 mm riser. It would be perfect for me.

Registered
Bolts actually looked pretty good. They appear to be chromed. I intend to get SS bolts if I leave the risers on. Still have not made up my mind if I like the bars higher or not. I find myself leaning forward at speed now to reduce wind drag. I wish someone made a 10 or 12 mm riser. It would be perfect for me.
I went the opposite direction and installed lower bars. Along with the Puig windscreen, they really helped reduce drag at higher speeds.

Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
could someone tell me if all the bar risers are the same? I have a 2022 GT and need some but cant seem to get an answer from anyone who is selling them
Thanks
Rob
Yes I believe they are, as the top yokes are the same across all models.
I have some for sale HERE . They fit my 2015 model and also my current 2021.

Registered
Here's a few threads that have suggestions on bar risers

offset bar risers are available on EBAY

Registered
Just joined and tuning in to this post. I just purchased my gsx-s1000-GT and sitting in the showroom and a 3 hour ride are far different. I hate the riding position so risers or new bars are a must. I too can't find any answers if the risers will fit a 2022. If there are any updates on this please let me know. The German company that sells the offset risers are on backorder for 3 or 4 months. The bar clamps in this Amazon link look the same as a 2022 but it does not designate that they will in fact fit. It's probably worth a $20 gamble so I may go ahead and order them.

Registered
Just joined and tuning in to this post. I just purchased my gsx-s1000-GT and sitting in the showroom and a 3 hour ride are far different. I hate the riding position so risers or new bars are a must. I too can't find any answers if the risers will fit a 2022. If there are any updates on this please let me know. The German company that sells the offset risers are on backorder for 3 or 4 months. The bar clamps in this Amazon link look the same as a 2022 but it does not designate that they will in fact fit. It's probably worth a $20 gamble so I may go ahead and order them.

You want mine? I took mine off and can probably scrounge around for them.

Registered
I forgot to mention another reason I took them off is that the throttle cables had zero play left when the bars were fully turned to one side. If I adjusted the cable to have a wee bit of play at the limit then there was too much throttle play when the bars were straight. Suzuki did not leave any extra cable length for playing with bar height.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts