GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
I forgot to mention another reason I took them off is that the throttle cables had zero play left when the bars were fully turned to one side. If I adjusted the cable to have a wee bit of play at the limit then there was too much throttle play when the bars were straight. Suzuki did not leave any extra cable length for playing with bar height.
Oh goodie. All the things I've read online said it wasn't issue. I'll know soon enough.

· Registered
9 Posts
I didn't notice any cable binding before I removed those risers that I sent you. And the bike was locked full left a few times.
I don't mind losing a bit of turning radius if I have to. Not sure if there are adjustable stops on this bike or not. It's been so cold that I haven't even attempted to put the risers on yet. I'll let you know how it goes.

· Registered
9 Posts
I had a more severe issue when I owned my Ducati ST4. It was far worse. Fortunately I bought some convertibars and they were wonderful. The only issue were the bars were narrower. It was the only way I could get them to work with the fairing. So much narrower that I nearly dropped the bike a couple times due to the lack of leverage. However once I got used to it I realized that a narrower arm position was better, less aerodynamic drag. That said, if the cables give me any problem at all due to not being long enough I will either replace the bars or cut an inch off each end of the factory bars. That will give me some slack and might give me less drag as well.

Here's a pic of the Convertibars. They're narrower and obviously taller and also swept back a bit.
Sky Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

· Registered
188 Posts
I found riding comfort considerably improved by moving the controls in abotu 3/4"- the bars permit quite a bit of movement in I think you could get 1". I've not cut the ends off yet- so kinda dorky at the moment with the weights sticking out. :LOL:

· Registered
9 Posts
I found riding comfort considerably improved by moving the controls in abotu 3/4"- the bars permit quite a bit of movement in I think you could get 1". I've not cut the ends off yet- so kinda dorky at the moment with the weights sticking out. :LOL:
This all got me thinking. Motorcycles should be sold with some adjustment options. Imagine if a car came with no way to adjust the seat or steering wheel. Bikes just need bar and peg adjustments and all would be well. While I'm working the bar problem out, I might drop the pegs a bit as well.

· Registered
188 Posts
This all got me thinking. Motorcycles should be sold with some adjustment options. Imagine if a car came with no way to adjust the seat or steering wheel. Bikes just need bar and peg adjustments and all would be well. While I'm working the bar problem out, I might drop the pegs a bit as well.
I wouldn't mind moving the pegs back a bit... not a big thing though, maybe if/when I find the right rearsets to try out.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts