GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey up, Anyone fitted a lithium ion battery yet to the new model year 2021 2022 GSX S1000. OE battery is a FT12A-BTS 10.5Ah (20HR) 175 CCA.

Looking at the Shido range as I’ve used these before in the past. I’ve made some enquiries and have been advised they don’t list one yet. My understanding is the YT12A-BS replaces the OE one from above. So it should cross reference to the Shido LT12A-BS if this is correct. Also this is listed for the earlier GSX S1000 model So would make perfect sense.

Problem is when you cross reference the Shido LT12A-BS specs they don’t seem to tally up with my OE spec battery above. The size is correct but the the rating is 12V 3.5 Ah capacity 210 CCA and 42WH.

I’ve also recently been informed that the Shido LTZ10S 12V 48Wh is the correct battery . As fitted to the later GSXR range. But have noticed slightly different dimensions. And another company saying it’s the same as the old model Battery so it should be Shido LT12A-BS.

Talk about conflicting advice from so called battery experts….

confussed.com!

Any advise would be greatly appreciate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why are you wanting to switch
Purly for the weight advantage and battery longevity. The bike has already undergone some significant modifications to decreases its weight. So I'm trying to leave no stone unturned. Power to weight is key. Let's face it these bikes year on year and getting heavier and heavier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts