GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have the updated ecu from suzuki

I am planning to install bazzaaz auto tune setup with quick shifter.

Before i plunge onto it i woulf like to clear some doubts regardings it,

1. Did it solve the crappy fueling issues this bike had due to the bad tuning by suzuki

2. Does this come with an O2 sensor, for auto tune according to air pressure levels

3. Is it better than power commander 5, if yes or no, why

4. Have you guys who installed bazzaz experienced noticable difference in power mileage and overall ridability

5. What about snatchy throttle did it get sorted out

6. I am planning bazzaaz on my stock exhaust. If i update it to yoshimura full system will it retune the maps accordingly

7. How much increase in power cab we expect in hp and torque

Thanks mates

·
Registered
216 Posts
From what i've gathered about the auto-tuner is that you would load a map from PCV that is the same or close to the mods you have, then replace the stock O2 sensor with the one that came from power commander. Once that's done then the auto-tuner would make adjustments to the map that you loaded, hope this helps

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have googled this on previous occations when trying to decide what to buy for current and previous bikes.

As usual one must read the replies in relevant fora with some filtering.

Mostly sucbjective opinions I would say, as the functionality for a PC5 or Bazzazz are similar. To adjust the fueling to the injectors based on the same input (sensors).

It would have been a interesting article if any of the leading magazines (MotorBikes) would do a comparison on various (popular) bikes.
Comparing PV5, Bazzazz and ECU-flashing(tuning).
Price vs results.

But this is a big task and I think no "normal" bike owner would be able to do it.
:)

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have googled this on previous occations when trying to decide what to buy for current and previous bikes.

As usual one must read the replies in relevant fora with some filtering.

Mostly sucbjective opinions I would say, as the functionality for a PC5 or Bazzazz are similar. To adjust the fueling to the injectors based on the same input (sensors).

It would have been a interesting article if any of the leading magazines (MotorBikes) would do a comparison on various (popular) bikes.
Comparing PV5, Bazzazz and ECU-flashing(tuning).
Price vs results.

But this is a big task and I think no "normal" bike owner would be able to do it.
:)

That is a tricky one, I know little about the bazzaz and I am running a PCV with auto tune but would like to get some things altered with an ECU flash, the fueling could be changed with the flash but would need to put on a dyno or monitored in the log box and changed later not in real time with woolich, PTR the guys that built the gsxs1200 run both a flashed ECU by woolich and a power commander for the fueling as they say they get better control with the PCV not sure why but I'm guessing they know what they are doing.
Ideally it would be good to find someone with the woolich and bench harness that can charge a smeller fee as the larger companies are charging minimum $500 to do this for a very short easy job turning a few features on and off costing only $100US or $145AU for a licence per ECU ,

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the Bazzazz unit on my GSX S1000F before I had the ECU unit replaced and it actually made the bike worse not better,when they put in the new ECU my dealer removed it but the bike is so much better with the new ECU I don't think it really needs it anyway.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I had the Bazzazz unit on my GSX S1000F before I had the ECU unit replaced and it actually made the bike worse not better,when they put in the new ECU my dealer removed it but the bike is so much better with the new ECU I don't think it really needs it anyway.

Was the bazzaz unit logging and altering, dyno tuned or pre programmed , just curious

·
Registered
451 Posts
You knwo what drive me nuts with my PCV and auto tune? The equipment worked just fine, no complaints, and Im sure Bazzaz will be as good, or better.

What do you use as a target arf? You'll see a lot of comments like this:

"You will probably get different numbers from different sources, but here are some guidelines that I find appropriate for the average build---"

idle 13.8
cruise 14.1
WOT ~12.8-13.2

Ok, awesome. Now what? That variation between 12.8-13.2? How are we supposed to figure this specific figure out, without a dyno, and did'nt we buy this system to avoid a dyno in the first place?

If someone could supply a great arf chart, Im all in, but trying to figure this out, on your own, no dyno, is not really what I was after..If we are tuning by feel, we could have done that without the auto tune feature.

I had a summer where I was "job impaired" and had almost unlimited time to play with mine. I ended up feeling like a carpenter building a house. Only this carpenter had nails, hammer, and good plans....but was missing his nails.

In the end, its another tuning tool, but it, by itself, does not make for a great tool set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts