GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Unfortunately italian dealer is disgusting...
they try to sold me code F647...a gsxr1000 k6 version...saing it's the same...:eek:
So, I bought PC5

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup they sent me a GSXR 1000 unit. There are no maps on the website for GSX-S so they must just expect you to run a generic GSXR map from some year. So they have done no development on our bike. I'm getting mine tuned on a dyno, I have no faith that a generic map for a different bike is going to be suitable. I'm sure that dyno tuning will produce good results but if you wanted plug and play made for our bike, this ain't it. And no I'm not going to upload my map on their site. I'm not going to fork out money on dyno time to provide a map that they should have made before listing a unit for the GSX-S.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you read 2 post before I wrote just this... If I remenber well is F647, the same for 1000 k6.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK its the wrong part. Looks like bazzaz made a typo and sent the dealer network the GSXR number which would explain why the dealers had been saying its the same one as the GSXR! I pointed out the difference to the part no. on the bazzaz website and they have confirmed it is different. Still no word from bazzaz about the GSX-S map, if they have made a map thats in the unit there is no info on it and its not available for download.

As a side note, SoloMotoParts has been really good though it all, very professional, helpful and good communication. They immediately offered exchange or full refund with them paying all the shipping which is great considering I'm an international customer for them so the shipping isn't cheap. A lot of places wont pay return shipping for international orders.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Let us know how you go with this. I was about to order a PCV, but I may go Bazzaz if you're happy with the result.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Correct bazzaz unit arrived today. Instructions are very good with clear pictures including where to route the cables. Looks like a proper job. I'll update with how I get on.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK so all installed and 1 lap of the nasho later. Partial throttle is better but their is still some zero throttle and engine braking to some throttle that just feels more like the chain hooking up than a jerky bootful if you know what I mean. But things like pottering around at 50kph in town in 2nd, 3rd or 4th are all good. Even 1st would be fine if you really wanted to. Roundabouts are just roundabouts again. So I'm happy with it. This is just the GSX-S enhanced map that it came with btw not a dyno tuned map. Mechanic couldn't fit me in before christmas so I installed it myself and tried it out. I don't know if anyone will notice any seat of the pants OMG the extra power, its smoother but I've not found myself wanting for more grunt anyway.

The install is fiddly with the worst of it being getting the panels and the tank off and getting the wiring harness around the ABS unit. On the plus side if the bike ever gets pinched they can DNA test the blood on the ABS unit to prove its mine.

One thing to note is that being able to map both sets of injectors is often put forward as a bonus for the bazzaz. The GSX-S doesn't have a second set of injectors lol. The second set on the GSX-R come into play at the higher revs so I assume that was part of the street bike focus for the GSX-S. So I'd say bazzaz vs PCV get what your tuner likes, which ever you can get cheaper, the one with the logo colour that matches your underpants, what ever. I doubt it will make a difference in the end.

Long story short the super sensitive partial throttle is gone and she gets up to boogie in a smooth and rapid fashion when you twist the loud handle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Don't bother with a PC5 or Baz system. Just get a booster box. Corrects the fuel at the bottom to mid range on the rev range easier to fit and works just as good. I've always gone down the pc5 route. Not anymore. The booster box works and sorts out the fueling to give it more pull and sort out the poor emissions for better throttle response. All for 100£.
Ive just fitted arrow headers, the booster box , an oxygen eliminator. It now sounds like it should do and goes well.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Don't bother with a PC5 or Baz system. Just get a booster box. Corrects the fuel at the bottom to mid range on the rev range easier to fit and works just as good. I've always gone down the pc5 route. Not anymore. The booster box works and sorts out the fueling to give it more pull and sort out the poor emissions for better throttle response. All for 100£.
Ive just fitted arrow headers, the booster box , an oxygen eliminator. It now sounds like it should do and goes well.
Your gonna go full exhaust without a fuel remaping device........yeah....lol

·
Registered
593 Posts
Your gonna go full exhaust without a fuel remaping device........yeah....lol
I ran a complete open system on by CB1000R for two years without any fuel mapping device... the only reason I fitted the PCV because I was offered a deal that I couldn't refuse. Yes it did smooth things out a little, but the fueling on the CB wasn't bad enough in the first place to warrant paying full price for the PCV. I would have happily continued to run it without a PCV and had no fear of any impending doom.

If you want to correct the fueling to improve ride-ability and/or performance, then go for it and choose whatever method gives you the gains you want and suits your wallet, but don't think that it is a necessity.

Oh, and before anyone starts talking about open systems without fuelling correction making the engine 'run too lean' and 'damaging the engine' please prepare some real world examples of proven engine damage in support of your claims.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just put this on Facebook. Right. Arrow headers fitted, standard can which has no baffles anyway. Sounds as it should. Oxygen sensor eliminated, flapper valve eliminated. Booster box fitted. (no power commander, don't waste your money). From 0 to 145mph not one flat spot. Pulls like a train. Absolutely fantastic. Only done 200 miles since September. It has got the fuelling device on it. The booster box from Denmark /Sweden. It ups the lower to mid rev range to boost the fuelling for a better throttle response. It has worked a treat today.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The headers have the hole for the sensor and a plug to fill it. It's easier to plug it and disable the o2 sensor. I just got the o2 eliminator plug for 10 pounds, flapper valve eliminator for 40 pounds, the headers for 400 from France. Original end can, free!!! Booster box 100 quid. Sounds fantastic. Nice tick over sound then it gets louder and louder all the way through the Rev range.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts