GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Best Air Filters Explained!

5480 Views 41 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  ARJ
I've used and currently have 5 air filters for gsxs 1000/ gsxs1000f. Some of these are for sale.

1) 馃敟The K&n Street is best for a stock bike with no mods.. (Best fuel economy)

2) 馃敟 馃敟 Bmc Street is best with a slip on exhaust, or muffler box removed but cat still in place. Remove muffler box and you WILL NEED A FLASH OR PCV...

3) 馃敟 馃敟 馃敟 Sprint p037 best with muffler box removal, with or without cat, or full exhaust... filter is waterproof

4) 馃敟 馃敟 馃敟 馃敟 Sprint p08 best for decat, or full exhaust ...

5) 馃敟 馃敟 馃敟 馃敟 馃敟 馃敟 馃敟 馃敟馃榿 Sprint P08f185 best for full exhaust AND if you want all out gsxs performance to the max (not a commuter) waterproof filter also.

Sprint filters are cleaned with compressed air. & No need for oil!
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
41 - 42 of 42 Posts
Seems as though you can't read. 1 of his points is that all hi flow filters will eventually lead to engine damage by debris going past filter. Which is incorrect. That is the point that I am speaking of.

Once again for those that can't read. A bmc/ k&n "race" filter will lead to damage. The bmc/ k&n "street" filters wont.. They say it on the instructions about the ones that say "race" from bmc/ k&n..

None of the filters listed above are those. Do your research before you say all hi flow filters.. The p08 comes stock on some Ducatis. So that is a stock filter, just not our stock filter. Do you think ducati will sell a bike with a warranty that will damage an engine. Now that's common sense.... I dont care about his opinion, im not arguing that.

So again, for those that might read this thread other than those 2 people who can't read, the 1st four filters listed in my original post wont have your airbox dirty. Only k&n/ bmc "race" filters will (which im not talking about). As for the last filter p08f185 it flows the most and will only be a problem in high dusty cities.

Do your research instead of walking around remaining ignorant about this topic
Here is the proof

Reactions: 1
As much as I am amused by this conversation, people should realise that filters filter. We use 2 micron filters in an application at work. This means particles smaller than 2 microns pass through, larger particles get filtered.....Same with the oil filters. Will the particles passed cause issues? I don't know. I'm not qualified to tell. But I trust the manufacturers recommendations are correct. Plus they mitigate all of this through regular oil changes. And this attitude will probably cost me an engine after 200 000 kms. I can live with that.
Or your bike will have issues with performance/power at 50k
41 - 42 of 42 Posts