GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
like em too , i have mid & front frame protectors on mine and probably more detrimental as they'd flip the bike so looking to get a sliding kit

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,678 Posts
This is what happens with single mounting point protectors. The engine lug fixing point was snapped off.

But hey, it saved the crankcase. :)

Reactions: Gixis1k

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
This is what happens with single mounting point protectors. The engine lug fixing point was snapped off.
View attachment 45260

But hey, it saved the crankcase. :)
Better than nothing on the naked but on the F , it's probably better to have nothing rather than crash bungs as the bike will slide on the fairings rather than flip it...... In my head that makes sense

slightly off topic , noticed in your signature you have a nitron r1. what do you think of it?

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,678 Posts
Better than nothing on the naked but on the F , it's probably better to have nothing rather than crash bungs as the bike will slide on the fairings rather than flip it...... In my head that makes sense

slightly off topic , noticed in your signature you have a nitron r1. what do you think of it?
Nitron is brilliant can't fault it but the single damping adjuster is hard for me to get at so drilled some holes in it.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
Nitron is brilliant can't fault it but the single damping adjuster is hard for me to get at so drilled some holes in it.
View attachment 45261
😂 love it

i have the same issue with my Wilbers

the **** access holes are awful

in hindsight I'd if gone with nitron or Maxton & having visited Maxton site recently they cater for this kind of access perfectly

still thinking of changing it to be honest

·
Registered
236 Posts
like em too , i have mid & front frame protectors on mine and probably more detrimental as they'd flip the bike so looking to get a sliding kit
I’m the only person with these lol. I paid for specialty order for zero engraving had them redo the machine to be like that, I’m sure you can get made but they don’t sell them like that

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
Puig do something similar i might opt for them to be honest , puig & rizoma are pricey but always quality

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,678 Posts
Puig. The grey tip comes in various colours.

Reactions: Gixis1k

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
I like puig love them

but the t rex, solid mount, double bolted everythibg

imo it’s strongest thing out there. The weak section is that section between base and the pad, I could see it giving out
I thought the puig was double-bolted until I saw this picture ; There's a fella on Instagram called crazyironz who makes crash bars & fabricates other pieces for a variety of bikes
quite a bit for the GSXS

I'll have to have another look at the trex

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts

Adds a bit of weight to the bike for sure.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,678 Posts
I like puig love them

but the t rex, solid mount, double bolted everythibg

imo it’s strongest thing out there. The weak section is that section between base and the pad, I could see it giving out
The base plate is 8mm thick and I think might add some shock absorbance rather than all stress going direct to the engine lugs. As happened in my pic #43 however two bolt points are always better than one. (y)

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
given the state of that bike you had you might be referencing yourself 😉

To be fair adventure bikes come with this kind of protection as standard now obviously this isn't an adventure bike but personally I tour on the GSXS & this kind of bar would be comforting to have , better without the bungs & just a rail bar

41 - 55 of 55 Posts