GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of modifications or changes have you made to your GSXS 1000 that didn’t cost you anything but made A positive difference in your riding?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
To be honest, I think the cheapest mod is adjust the suspension and bars for yourself. Then ride your arse off. This bike is fantastic stock (if you don't have the throttle snatch, which I didn't).

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, I think the cheapest mod is adjust the suspension and bars for yourself. Then ride your arse off. This bike is fantastic stock (if you don't have the throttle snatch, which I didn't).
I agree it was those very adjustments that got me thinking about this topic because for me those adjustments made 100% difference in my riding so I was thinking there’s got to be something else I’m missing that I can do to make the experience even better😉

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Setting the TPS.
I still haven't done that yet, but I bought the security head torx, and the voltmeter adapter, and am waiting for the weather to be decent. Mine show _C00 when in dealer mode, but mine also has no throttle snatch (smooth as silk). I hope adjusting it won't make it worse. ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I still haven't done that yet, but I bought the security head torx, and the voltmeter adapter, and am waiting for the weather to be decent. Mine show _C00 when in dealer mode, but mine also has no throttle snatch (smooth as silk). I hope adjusting it won't make it worse. ;)
don't scratch where it doesn't itch 0:)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Adjusted excess play out of throttle cable, minimized preload (I'm not very heavy), and took a can of black gloss Krylon spray paint to the backside of the clear wind screen on my red and black F model (looks much better IMO). All free!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Adjusted excess play out of throttle cable, minimized preload (I'm not very heavy), and took a can of black gloss Krylon spray paint to the backside of the clear wind screen on my red and black F model (looks much better IMO). All free!
thought u were going to post let it go rusty Rusty, I did this with a rat bike once, very cheap

·
Registered
320 Posts
+1 on the excess play in the throttle cable.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
number one mod is time...give the machine time, this bike for some reason gets better with miles...where snatch or serge seems to be a huge problem when new ,with miles it seems to melt away ...to the point its a non issue.......so my vote is for time...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
number one mod is time...give the machine time, this bike for some reason gets better with miles...where snatch or serge seems to be a huge problem when new ,with miles it seems to melt away ...to the point its a non issue.......so my vote is for time...
Only problem with your suggestion is that quite a number of us are getting on, maybe not all that much time left........;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts