GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
No! There is a GSX-S1000 and a GSX-S1000F (and in the UK a GSX-S1000Z)

What is the "S", they are all "S"

Do you mean the naked?

In Suzuki naming, the S at the end of the letter/number soup is an F variant MINUS the fairing below the radiator line. The Naked is a N variant.
I think putting the S before the 1000 is a slang off at BMW S1000 Family of bikes.

Rob.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
In Suzuki naming, the S at the end of the letter/number soup is an F variant MINUS the fairing below the radiator line. The Naked is a N variant.
I think putting the S before the 1000 is a slang off at BMW S1000 Family of bikes.

Rob.
The S in GSX-S1000 is Sport. The R in GSX-R1000 is for race.
Of coarse there is the other S in GSX-_1000. <- no idea what that is.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Rob.
So Suzuki's global website, as well as UK, US, Thai etc are all wrong with their naming of the bikes?

GSX-S GSX-R etc

Attachments

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
So Suzuki's global website, as well as UK, US, Thai etc are all wrong with their naming of the bikes?

GSX-S GSX-R etc
think everyone knows s is the naked period......the ugly bird is the f....everyone knows f is the faired version...but you can call it the SF .. in that case know one will know what the **** it is

1 - 20 of 24 Posts