GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for the best tail tidy.
I have a German one now on the bike, but i'm nog 100% satisfied with it.

Evotech use to have a really nice one but for the GSX-S you have to fit the original indicators :(
Suzuki GSX-S 1000 Tail Tidy / Fender Eliminator - Evotech Performance

For now the R&G is nice but I don't like the mount for the indicators.

Here in the Netherlands it's no problem if there is no light on the plate or a refelector just a license plate is enough :)

Maybe Rizoma will be nice but they have not released any parts for our GSX-S yet.

Which tail tidy have you guys installed ?

English is also not 100% so sorry for that :laugh:

·
Registered
152 Posts
You don't want to hear my Dutch so you are doing pretty good.

I put the R&G one on with Baraccuda LED indicators.

The hole in the tail tidy is not big enough for the barracuda stalk so has to be drilled out. I used a 10mm drill, the Tail tidy is well made and it took a bit of effort even with cobalt drills.

All connections were easily mounted and I think the spacer plate helps fit it securely in place.

The number plate light is also very bright.

Once on I was well pleased with the result.

Good Luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Mustardbikes on ebay.com.au do three versions depending on plate size and indicators. I'm waiting on mine to arrive and once it does I'll post a couple of pictures. Good value at only $115 aud.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I put on the Yoshimura tidy. $160 USA. But it comes with a nice clean LED light. I drilled the middle of the lower license plate frame to add the horizontal reflector.

But then I wanted a mini fender to keep some of the road gravel from getting kicked up and damaging the tail light lens and paint over time. So I took the stock fender and cut it just above the metal bracket for the round reflectors (which you need to be 100% street legal here in USA). A hacksaw blade with tape wrapped around one end for grip worked quick and easy.

This assembly simply mounted onto the 2 lower license plate bolts. NOTE: I did slightly bend/twist the metal reflectors bracket by sticking it in a vise and just twisting it with pliers, so the angle of the fender was more accurate...otherwise the finder wants to point almost straight down.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like that. I was thinking of just using the original frame to mount the saide-facing reflectors but I like the idea of using the fender itself to hopefully keep the tail in better condition over the years.

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Reactions: tsmetjen

·
Registered
81 Posts
Rizoma is missing out!

Because GSXS1000's are going to be everywhere. Hungry buyers for cool bolt-on products

·
Registered
44 Posts
My tail tidy…. About $ 21 AUD for the 3mm plate from the local hardware store.
Cut to the right size, bend and drill. Spray with black plastidip, install a small LED light left over from another project.
I couldn't justify spending hundreds of $$$ on something you don't actually see…
More money for other modding!

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My tail tidy…
Looks very nice, Top Job

I emailed Rizoma a few weeks ago and they say they have no plans to bring out any custom parts for the GSX-S :(
That sucks, Rizoma makes good quality products.

@ all the others, thanks for showing your tail tidy
I like the R&G, but the steel bracket to the indicators looks a bit weird to me.

I will make my choice this winter, we have about 1 month more of riding the bike here, you can ride trough the winter but I hate the salt they spray on the road here. It's bad for the bike.

I saw a lightech tail tidy on the bike of Carpimoto and that was looking nice as well, mmm difficult decision to make 0:):)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Alluminium?
Are you sure, because in the description they say " Holder was made of high quality steel S500MC quality".
You are right , my mistake....I have the RG as well and that is remarkable heavier

·
Registered
415 Posts
Cut to the right size, bend and drill. Spray with black plastidip, install a small LED light left over from another project.
I couldn't justify spending hundreds of $$$ on something you don't actually see…
Well played! Looks good and I wish I'd thought to do that, now I feel silly;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I realy like this look from behind!:laugh::laugh:
great job w combi mirrors + tail tidy+ nr. plate;)
I wish we could have so small plates:crying:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just bought the Evotech Italy.
Will post some pictures when It's on the bike.

Maybe I will put the license plate light on as well.

The SP engineering looks good also :)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts