GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Stock is okay, Dark power bronze double bubble looks great and works better, perhaps the best choice for protection and touring.

Tried a couple of the big screens on mine, they do look like alien heads and make the low front more scooterish! MRA was okay, currently riding through winter on the Suzuki touring screen, works well but looks..... over screened?

·
Registered
16 Posts
IMHO, just paint the backside of the stock shield with flat black plasti-dip paint! It looks like perfect gloss black from the outside, protects the gauges, and will peel away if you don’t like it! I’ve got a blue 16’ 1000F and it looks awesome done that way, and......you can’t beat the price!!

Tom S

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi all my first post please could let me know which screen you think is best for s1000f.
What do you need/want the screen to do? Block more wind higher up on your body? Block wind to the sides? Block less wind? Change the look of the front end? Be darker or blacked-out? Some combination of the above?

If you're looking for something more functional, there are a some considerations: (1) your height and - umm - width, (2) your helmet choice if you're experiencing buffeting or noise, and (3) whether you want to completely block wind to your head (versus having your head in fresh air).

As for opinion, the stock screen happens to work fine for my needs but I like Sixgun89's idea with the plasti-dip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there I always seem to suffer with turbulence,my height is 5ft 11 and am looking for a screen to send it over my head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts