GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace a led bub for the stock headlights of my GSX S1000. I couldn't see clearly when I was riding in the dark :(

I don't want to mod/cut the stock head of the bike. Does anyone have suggest ?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
It seems like these might fit.
OSRAM H7 Gen 2
I might be the guinea pig if I receive some positive reinforcement and no "I already tried that and it doesn't work".
;)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Cool,
At that price they've got to be worth a go. At first I was thinking they don't seem to have a lot of cooling built into them compared to other ones I've look at but at that price, so watt. If they work, great, if not or not for very long you've at least had a go.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Okay, I went the cheap route and bought a pair of these off ebay.
They look like they will fit. I hope they work.
Installation yet to come.

hope I'm not patronising you ń but is the light source point the same as the standard lamp , because if it isn't the light angle due to the design for high & low beam could become off kilter

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
hope I'm not patronising you ń but is the light source point the same as the standard lamp , because if it isn't the light angle due to the design for high & low beam could become off kilter
I have an F that takes two H7s.

Not patronizing at all. They claim to be the same, but it could be a problem, I guess I'll find out. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
have you tried the HID converstion. i'll fit one soon and update. so hi and low beam. H4/9003. fitted the same hid kit in the suzuki rf900 and road signs would reflect when i flashed day time. that bright and focused.

·
Registered
187 Posts
have you tried the HID converstion. i'll fit one soon and update. so hi and low beam. H4/9003. fitted the same hid kit in the suzuki rf900 and road signs would reflect when i flashed day time. that bright and focused.

That'd be interesting to see , although HiD is so bright you'll just piss off other drivers.

I've avoided LEDs for this reason

·
Registered
228 Posts
The only street light in these pictures is the one in the distance, there is no street light above or behind me. First shot is dipped/low beam, second shot is high beam/brights. Yes, my street/asphalt is absolute garbage - welcome to Illinois.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Look intense , maybe too bright for me. German car headlights genuinely piss me off they blind everyone.

To be honest it's only the low beamed that annoys me I have the naked & the dipped beam has a 5 metre range..... Pathetic. That's essentially due to the laughable design of the reflector.

Actually looking to change for a round headlight which will be easy on the naked. Probably look better than the scooter style front end too.

Thanks for the posts pal very useful & a worthwhile upgrade by the way

1 - 20 of 52 Posts