GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved a set of short strada 7 levers , at £80 and looking at the blurb on misanomotoimports website I was expecting some nice levers .
Well on first sight the packaging looked cheap and nasty and the levers didn’t seem that great with a bit of play in the pivots and joints and just metal to metal on the adjuster , no bearing
Clutch first , the slot for the cable is very deep so I had much less free play on the adjuster , which wasn’t really an issue when I tightened the pivot bolt the lever became tight and didn’t return .
Then the brake , I noticed much less lever movement before the brake applied , the lever was holding the push rod to the master in a lot further than standard and just pushing the bike back and forth in the garage I could feel the brake binding very slightly .
My worry is a less experienced person would maybe not notice this , and the brake could possibly get hot and bind worse if the bike was ridden .
Obviously Iam returning them , but just to say how misleading the description and online appearance of these levers was , obviously no better than Chinese cheapos with a little logo applied to make punters believe they are good because they cost a lot more .
Looks like Iam going to have to fork out for some or similar to get anything I can trust .

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.
I've had poor experience with Chinese ebay levers before and have written them off. Some didn't fit, others fit, but the black anodizing turned to poop brown in a matter of months. I stick with name brand levers now and have had good luck with Pazzo's (not sure... they still might be made in china, but at least the specs are driven by a reputable manufacturer that stand behind their product).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts