GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask some fellow riders on comparing different bikes and what they have ridden compared to the Gixxus 1000. I just test rode a new Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC today and holy **** balls batman that bike is insane, what I wanted to know was if anybody here has ridden both and wanted to find out if the Gixxus 1000 would feel about the same or slighter slower if that makes sense. I know the Gixxus puts out like 140-145 hp to the wheel. Just wanted to know, still waiting for it here in Cali, I saw Arizona got one hopefully Cali will be next. I want to test ride one bad. >:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I rode both today. They are about the same. The Suzuki is bonkers quick it just delivers the power a lot more smoothly down low before it goes bannanas up top. I never felt comfortable on the Aprilia and if you think the Suzuki has a snatchy throttle all the Aprilias are worse in sports mode at low speed. I simply felt so much more able to leverage the performance of the Suzuki. It's stupid quick still so don't worry about that. Most people won't be able to use anywhere near the performance of it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for response Bulldognz, well I guess Cali has got them, I read a different post by a member here and he mentioned that a bay area dealership got one in, so know I wait for my local Suzi dealer to get one. Still want the Gixxus, although the Aprilia i'm sure is a great bike, but i'm sure the Suzi will be more reliable.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Rhyno, I also like the BMW S1000R, a beast of a bike as well with 160 hp at the wheel, superb handling and engineering and something else you don't find on super nakeds.... cruise control which is a big big plus. Runs about two grand more than the Gixxus ABS model. I haven't got my Gixxus yet and frankly I'm a little torn between these two.

BMW Motorrad USA

·
Registered
190 Posts
Rhyno, I also like the BMW S1000R, a beast of a bike as well with 160 hp at the wheel, superb handling and engineering and something else you don't find on super nakeds.... cruise control which is a big big plus. Runs about two grand more than the Gixxus ABS model. I haven't got my Gixxus yet and frankly I'm a little torn between these two.

BMW Motorrad USA
Engineering wise the germans win but the BMW isn't a true "hooligan" bike however you dress it up ;)

The BMW is the vegetarian option in my opinion :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've read some people had some issues with the S1000R though, It wasn't a specific problem it was a mix of different things that broke down. It's like the Aprilia Tuono V4R, at dealership in SoCal they have a 2013 Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC for $8,999.00 with just over 3,000 miles on it, nice price considering how much they are new. I even got on an Aprilia forum because I did ponder getting a Tuono, but I read some reliability issues with the bike to warrant me not wanting it, **** there was guy on the forum who mentioned that his 2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory's engine blew up after 1,000 miles. Just couldn't fathom the idea of getting a used Tuono then something like the electronics or something mechanical goes wrong and have to get it fixed, I couldn't afford to keep it. I'll stick with a Japanese bike, have had them before and never had problems with them other than basic maintenance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Engineering wise the germans win but the BMW isn't a true "hooligan" bike however you dress it up ;)

The BMW is the vegetarian option in my opinion :)
Seriously have you taken one out for a serious test and put it through its paces?Check the reviews as well with the Ape and the 1290 Superduke in the shoot outs. These bikes are all true super nakeds and all worthy hooligan bikes. The S1R would be the most refined of the three and the Superduke the most aggressive.
Yes you pay for all the goodies included but what a list, it's long so Google it.
The Suzuki could be a real player in this company but would need a lot of money thrown at it to be on the same page as the Euros, so why bother.
I also agree that long term ownership could be expensive with all the electronic trickery.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Seriously have you taken one out for a serious test and put it through its paces?Check the reviews as well with the Ape and the 1290 Superduke in the shoot outs. These bikes are all true super nakeds and all worthy hooligan bikes. The S1R would be the most refined of the three and the Superduke the most aggressive.
Yes you pay for all the goodies included but what a list, it's long so Google it.
The Suzuki could be a real player in this company but would need a lot of money thrown at it to be on the same page as the Euros, so why bother.
I also agree that long term ownership could be expensive with all the electronic trickery.
This was all said tongue-in-cheek :) If I was going down the BMW line I would just buy an RR, why have all the bells and whistles and still not have the fastest thing on the road! I wouldn't pay the premium for the KTM so that left me with the Gixxus which is excellent value for money and bucketfulls of fun despite the very small negative that some people are finding.
Honestly I don't like all the electronics either, in fact I'd happily not have the traction control on this bike.
This bike is well worth getting tuned properly and still be considerably cheaper than anything else comparable.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well today I did a bike test comparison today the bikes I test rode today were a Triumph Speed Triple R and a Aprilia Tuono V4R, that Ape is just too insane lol couldn't even get it out of 3rd gear, the Tuono is just too mental. Great bike, beautiful exhaust note, but the seat was to hard and slide around too much on it, on track mode when I got on it my arms felt like they were gonna get ripped off lol, great bike but just not for me. I did like the Speed Triple though felt more controlled even though I wheelied it lol, just gotta test ride the Gixxus now. I think the Gixxus will fit right in between the two bikes, not as much torque as the triple and the tuono, hp wise it fits right in there, not too not too little, plus with TC it will keep the front wheel on ground. Out of the two I rode the Triple was my favorite. Now I gotta wait a couple more weeks before I get to test ride the Gixxus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts