GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting another bike insurance thread.
I don’t pay much attention to bike insurance as it has always been fairly inexpensive for me ( 51 with 30 years riding experience). For comparison my Kawasaki Z900 (954 cc ) cost me $250 per year full coverage and I just got my bill for the GSXS and it is just over $600...... Crazy difference, I pd half that for my Z1k’s. My agent is going to cross shop but what is it just a benefit of owning a Suzuki ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same for me. I'm same age as you with over 30 years of experience as well. My insurance is also $600 for full coverage.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same for me. I'm same age as you with over 30 years of experience as well. My insurance is also $600 for full coverage.
I wonder why it is so much more expensive then Kawasaki. Oh well .. is what it is just curious as to why.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don’t know what you guys are complaining about. If I was only paying $600 for my gsx-s I’d be jumping up and down. I have the same experience as you guys and my gsx-s in Canada, without any claims or tickets in 30 years is $1750 a year. So take the extra $1150 you have (I haven’t taken the currency difference into account) and buy a pile of booze and celebrate. 😀

oh, my 1995 VFR750 costs me $580 a year to insure.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Check Dairyland. They have specialized in MC insurance forever. Still 600 per year doesn't sound that bad. I think mines about that for really good coverage and no months off (another way to save money).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check Dairyland. They have specialized in MC insurance forever. Still 600 per year doesn't sound that bad. I think mines about that for really good coverage and no months off (another way to save money).
I have been with Dairy land for years because of price. When my agent cross shopped this time they found Progressive was almost half.

·
Administrator
388 Posts
Progressive is $288 for my 2018 GSX-S1000f & $248 for my 2016 Bandit. Full coverage, (comp, collision, high limit liability, etc...). Loyatly is nice; but with an insurance company, price shopping is better.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Progressive is $288 for my 2018 GSX-S1000f & $248 for my 2016 Bandit. Full coverage, (comp, collision, high limit liability, etc...). Loyatly is nice; but with an insurance company, price shopping is better.
I am sure it makes sense to insurance companies ( LOL ) but it is crazy ..... as to me there seams to me no rhyme or reason to prices.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, rub it in. You are a very mean man!😩
I am sorry ... being a newbie here I gots to be nice lol
About a where in Canada are you? So you ever ride the White Mtns of NH ?? Of course when the border opens back you?

·
Administrator
388 Posts
So you ever ride the White Mtns of NH ?? Of course when the border opens back you?
As a quick FYI - the White Mountains of NH are where I live. Not sure I have ever seen another GSX-S1000 in the area.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As a quick FYI - the White Mountains of NH are where I live. Not sure I have ever seen another GSX-S1000 in the area.
I live about 45 min from Littleton and ride the White Mtn area most every weekend. I have never seen a GSXS on the road either.We will have to do a ride in this summer ... that is assuming everything finally opens up that is. I ride alone a lot but also ride with a bud that has a FJR and a one that owns a Z9.

·
Administrator
388 Posts
I live about 45 min from Littleton and ride the White Mtn area most every weekend. I have never seen a GSXS on the road either.We will have to do a ride in this summer ... that is assuming everything finally opens up that is. I ride alone a lot but also ride with a bud that has a FJR and a one that owns a Z9.
Works for me..

·
Registered
44 Posts
State Farm is $312/yr for me with full coverage and all the bells and whistles. Definitely makes sense to shop it.

@RAS and @GSXS-NH We have some close friends that live in Sugar Hill and try to make it up that way at least once a year. We tend to spend a decent amount of time in Littleton as well while up there. Hope to be up that way later this year. If I do, I’ll try to find a place to rent a bike and hit you guys up to go riding.

·
Administrator
388 Posts
State Farm is $312/yr for me with full coverage and all the bells and whistles. Definitely makes sense to shop it.

@RAS and @GSXS-NH We have some close friends that live in Sugar Hill and try to make it up that way at least once a year. We tend to spend a decent amount of time in Littleton as well while up there. Hope to be up that way later this year. If I do, I’ll try to find a place to rent a bike and hit you guys up to go riding.
Sounds great. I have a Bandit as a 2nd if interested.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Rumor has it stocky might be able to join you guys too. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts