GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am sorry ... being a newbie here I gots to be nice lol
About a where in Canada are you? So you ever ride the White Mtns of NH ?? Of course when the border opens back you?
I live in Ontario near Niagara Falls. Haven’t been to the White Mountains since they stopped superbike racing at Loudon. Really liked the area. Liked the Kancamagus Highway especially. I remember the first time I rode it with friends. We were whaling at stupid speeds, but after a while a deer warning sign every 100 yards registered and we slowed down quickly lol.

Plan to get some good touring in when this covid finishes, and will be heading that way, via Lake Placid.

·
Registered
2016 GSXs 1000FA, 2014 Concours 14
79 Posts
I pay around $550 for a 2016 GSXs1000f, and my 2014 Concours. Mid 50's endorsement since 16 years old for me and the woman since 2010.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I pay around $550 for a 2016 GSXs1000f, and my 2014 Concours. Mid 50's endorsement since 16 years old for me and the woman since 2010.
You are a lucky man. Insurance is a scam here.

With cars, percentage wise, if you cancel your policy you’ll get 8.3% per month returned on outstanding time left. With bikes, they take most of your premium in July, August, September. So you could take out a years policy in July, cancel end of September, and get around 20% of what you originally paid back.

If you’re young you get hit because you are young. If you’re old you get hit, even though you may be experienced, because you are older.

A few years back they basically halved accident benefits, but you still paid the same price. If you wanted the old full benefits, you had to pay extra.

I heard an insurance company rep on the radio tip toe around the simple question he was asked by the interviewer, “so what you are saying is that if you want the same benefits as before, you will have to pay more money?” Rep, “you still have accident benefits, that doesn’t change.” Interviewer, “but you now have to pay more to retain the old full benefits?” Rep, “you still have accident benefits.” Round and round.

With covid, people here are driving less. I’d say that means less claims, less payouts. I look forward to insurance companies explaining their usual increases, which no doubt will come.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts