GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My Bike has started jerking after 2500rpm, its more like the kill switch goes on and off repeatedly.

anyone knows whats the issue due to

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ha ha, oh well pressure washed yesterday, seems water entered into the wiring harness, and messed up ignition. took it apart dried under the sun.

could have been worse, blown fuse, electrical damages etc etc phew got lucky

lesson learned

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ha ha, oh well pressure washed yesterday, seems water entered into the wiring harness, and messed up ignition. took it apart dried under the sun.

could have been worse, blown fuse, electrical damages etc etc phew got lucky

lesson learned
I decided long ago to never put a pressure washer to any bike. I wash my bikes with a garden hose and bucket of soapy water in the driveway.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I decided to dry off the V Strom 1000 with the electric garden leaf blower after washing it. Not bad that 320 Km wind, Cyclone 5 force.
Next day, traction control yellow light up. After a good 70 KM run it was still up. Next day, and thereafter, never came back, the moisture having presumably dried out.
Still use the blower, but a lot further away from the ECU module terminal blocks (which are far more accessible than the GSX-S1000).

Rob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Water in the start switch, dry it up and lube it with electrical grease.. Happened once noticed it as the headlight was flickering

1 - 13 of 13 Posts