GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am looking to get myself fitted with a helmet cam or bike cam for the start of the riding season.

Option 1: Bike mounted cam that is powered by the bike and has auto on/off with the turn of the key. Something that loops footage so i always have myself covered in case of an incident. In this case if i could get a dual camera system for both front and rear that would be a huge bonus.

Option 2: A helmet mounted camera, also something that has looping footage. I know in this case it will require me to maintain charge on the device but i am ok with it.
I currently have a Icon Airform, image attached, but it does not have any mounting points built in but if easy enough i will make it happen. I am looking for placement of mounting, as well as what camera type to also look into, as i said i would prefer something that has built in record looping so i never have to worry about memory filling up.

Option 3: I have heard of helmets that have built in cameras, but i believe the price to be on the high to extremely high range. Open to suggestions on this category if anyone has had experience with these as well as having suggestions on ones available to me in Canada that i can possibly look into.

Thanks in advance :D

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Safer on the bike than you. I use Ram mounts with various adaptors. Their M8 bolt kit works well on the handlebar bracket. You can then run power from a USB socket that you could wire in to an ignition controlled feed such as the heated grips plug.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got a Blueskysea DV188 dual camera "dashcam". One camera is mounted under the headlight, the rear is mounted under the rack of the topbox. The controller is under the pillion seat. The power comes on with the ignition. I've got a 64Gb microSD car which records probably 10ish hours of 1080p video

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a Blueskysea DV188 dual camera "dashcam". One camera is mounted under the headlight, the rear is mounted under the rack of the topbox. The controller is under the pillion seat. The power comes on with the ignition. I've got a 64Gb microSD car which records probably 10ish hours of 1080p video
That is quite funny, i was actually just on amazon.ca and found the entire line of the Blueskysea camera systems. I was looking at the DV 128 ($160)and the DV688 ($220) which had me browsing through all the other options available. I love the idea that they are fairly sleek looking and everything comes on when the bike is turned on, worry free. I am currently trying to determine the differences between the models ranging from the 128, the 188 you just mentioned and the 688 to determine which one to go with. Then i will have to find a spot on my S1000ABS to mount them nicely.

Thank you again for your response on this. If by chance do you have any recorded footage from yours that i can see what it looks like?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Camera amd mounting

That is quite funny, i was actually just on amazon.ca and found the entire line of the Blueskysea camera systems. I was looking at the DV 128 ($160)and the DV688 ($220) which had me browsing through all the other options available. I love the idea that they are fairly sleek looking and everything comes on when the bike is turned on, worry free. I am currently trying to determine the differences between the models ranging from the 128, the 188 you just mentioned and the 688 to determine which one to go with. Then i will have to find a spot on my S1000ABS to mount them nicely.

Thank you again for your response on this. If by chance do you have any recorded footage from yours that i can see what it looks like?

Ive uploaded the ride home from work on Thursday - https://youtu.be/2Q8NJN-7s5A

Here is where I mounted the cameras. The rear camera on the top box mount does tend to vibrate a bit more, but it isn't too horrible. I get about 16hrs on a 128Gb micro SD. That is both front and rear for 16 hours

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I usually put a cheap camera with dual cameras one in the front and one to the back and the recorder under the seat powered of the rear license light. So it will be switched. Some one pulling out in front of you or rear ending. Video quality is to help prove that they are lying. If things move at a reasonable speed or slow in front of the cameras then you’ll be able to make out the plate numbers. I pick one at lease with WIFI capability to make it easier to pull the video clips out of it. Use a disclaimer “I do not consent for any kind of searches” �� on the cameras recorder (mine had a GPS and plotted the route speed��.) and I get the “is that real”�� Holocam m1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts