GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all so gave the bike a wash and set to tarting it up, also need a bit of help as ive fitted new LED indicators got to doing the last one then noticed in the packing that they came was these (bottom pic) which wasn't in the first sets box (must have been taken out by the shop) so just wondered what they do? the indicators are flashing fast, but with my last bike being a bandit i know you had to put in a new relay, or is it that the little black boxes do that too? has anyone come up against this yet?

anyway here's the before

And after

what are these?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi Bungle, that is a resistor to slow the blink rate.
I prefer to replace the existing relay (£3 ebay) rather than faffing with in lines.
If you have cut the wire before the connector then you can get a bullet to suzuki 2 pin connector also from ebay.
blink relay is behind rear panel on the right hand side (big 2 pin box that the rest of the loom is attached to)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Bungle, that is a resistor to slow the blink rate.
I prefer to replace the existing relay (£3 ebay) rather than faffing with in lines.
If you have cut the wire before the connector then you can get a bullet to suzuki 2 pin connector also from ebay.
blink relay is behind rear panel on the right hand side (big 2 pin box that the rest of the loom is attached to)
what do you mean by bullet to suzuki 2 pin connector? ive connected to indicatros to the original loom leaving the connector in place just incase i need to disconnect them.
ive had a look on ebay and theres a relay for sale but not from this country
can you post a link to one for me please :)

cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Not quite sure what that is you've posted bungle but if you get the 2 pin black box with a rubber sleeve on the outside it will be a direct replacement. Where are you from mate?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
from the uk,
i put in ebay relay for the bike and this is the only one that came up, ive cut the bullet ends (if thats what they're called?) off the indicators off so would prob be easier for me to sort relay

·
Registered
647 Posts
You need to be a bit more generic, I typed Suzuki flasher relay 2 pin and got the result. See my first link and that is the one you need.
2nd one is for the bullets to plug direct into cable and then onto the existing plugs.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
ackack wrote
Where are you from mate?
He's from "Rainbow" can't you tell ? Bungle Zippy George etc.

Reactions: bungle and ackack

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You need to be a bit more generic, I typed Suzuki flasher relay 2 pin and got the result. See my first link and that is the one you need.
2nd one is for the bullets to plug direct into cable and then onto the existing plugs.
ah right ok i thought it would be specific to each bike, right ill get a relay then, thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Reactions: bungle and ackack

·
Registered
282 Posts
i only need one relay tho don't i ?
Yes, I ordered 3 of them, not sure about quality, but so far they keep working. The original is still in the backseat , so if it fails I justplug in to the original :)

Reactions: bungle
1 - 17 of 17 Posts