GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They look good on the GSX. Robbed these off my 2015 GSX-R600 racebike, they were brand new. I don't use stock levers on my racebike. I use shorty CRGs much better crashability and they feel better for racing. Anyway thought I would post a pic showing how nice the all black OEM levers look on the GSX. Direct bolt on and no modifications needed.

And for the curious those are 2008 Suzuki Bking bar ends, much better looking and work better than the stubby stock GSX bar ends do.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does these bar ends work better for vibration? How are they 'better'? I like the look of them.. :)
They work better. I assume it is their heavier weight and more absorption ability being bigger. It is not a huge difference but a difference non the less. And like you said they look 100% better. Bking stuff is not easy to come by since it was a 1 year model bike here in the states. Might be some on ebay out of country since I believe they made the bike more than one year. Not 100% sure on that last part. Only reason I still have them is when I traded off the Bking long time ago it had bar end mirrors on it at the time. I still have the ugly chrome mirrors for it too.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man I gotta get rid of those orange blinker lenses soon! They look horrible.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I think I'm going to order some shorty Pazzo's and definitely black. Even before I saw this thread, I was looking at the front of my bike and thinking black would unify the look, and blend in. Silver, not so much.

·
Registered
156 Posts
does the clutch side of things work OK...listed as different part numbers for the GSXS1000 vs GSXR600...even Pazzo the show an A suffix for the GSXS

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have shorty black Pazzo's on mine. I don't mind the shorty brake lever, but kind of wish the clutch lever was longer. Even the regular length Pazzo's are shorter than stock from what I have read. I have added the Kaoko throttle cruise since these pictures.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Those look good. I'll have to check out the long vs short version. I thought they used to offer a mid length, but maybe I just dreamed that.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does the clutch side of things work OK...listed as different part numbers for the GSXS1000 vs GSXR600...even Pazzo the show an A suffix for the GSXS

Works fine there is absolutely no difference other than the stock one was silver.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have shorty black Pazzo's on mine. I don't mind the shorty brake lever, but kind of wish the clutch lever was longer. Even the regular length Pazzo's are shorter than stock from what I have read. I have added the Kaoko throttle cruise since these pictures.

@WERA803 when did you or do you still race with WERA?

What clear blinker lenses are those? off a DL1000 model?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One more thing I robbed off the GSX-R600 racebike during the race build was the black passenger footpegs. I don't have a picture but they look way better than the GSX silver ones. I was going to swap out the riders foot pegs but the GSXR peg feelers were at a different angle than the GSX. Plus the rear set would still be silver unless I powder coated them black. Too much effort so they are still all silver up front.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@WERA803 when did you or do you still race with WERA?

What clear blinker lenses are those? off a DL1000 model?

I got my WERA license 15 years ago, or maybe 17. Raced for a little while but determined it cost too much money. Switched to tack days for more riding time and less money.

Not sure about the lenses. They were on the bike when I bought it. A dealer about 1.5 hrs away had it for sale with 2700 miles on it last April. Previous owner did the lenses, levers, heated grips, Yosh slip-on, aftermarket seat, and a tail tidy. He had taken delivery in Dec 2015, so had it less than 4 months.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got my WERA license 15 years ago, or maybe 17. Raced for a little while but determined it cost too much money. Switched to tack days for more riding time and less money.

Not sure about the lenses. They were on the bike when I bought it. A dealer about 1.5 hrs away had it for sale with 2700 miles on it last April. Previous owner did the lenses, levers, heated grips, Yosh slip-on, aftermarket seat, and a tail tidy. He had taken delivery in Dec 2015, so had it less than 4 months.
Yea I started with WERA back in 2001, raced C class expert until 2005, then went solely track days until 2013. Returned to WERA this time in A class on a 1000, rode A class expert until this year. Now I am back where I started in C class expert. Yes it cost a fortune to race. I try to ignore the fact but it is a money pit like no other. A class was so expensive to race with the tire bill being huge. I run the entire Mid Central Sportsman rounds and over lapping National rounds. I was spending almost as much doing track days towards the end. Those are not cheap anymore either. Its a money grab from everyone involved in the sport to be honest.

Not sure how much longer I will do it. I do enjoy the competition but not so much the BS in the paddock that usually comes with racing people you know are cheating. BTW the 826 has been my competition number since day one.;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yea I started with WERA back in 2001, raced C class expert until 2005, then went solely track days until 2013. Returned to WERA this time in A class on a 1000, rode A class expert until this year. Now I am back where I started in C class expert. Yes it cost a fortune to race. I try to ignore the fact but it is a money pit like no other. A class was so expensive to race with the tire bill being huge. I run the entire Mid Central Sportsman rounds and over lapping National rounds. I was spending almost as much doing track days towards the end. Those are not cheap anymore either. Its a money grab from everyone involved in the sport to be honest.

Not sure how much longer I will do it. I do enjoy the competition but not so much the BS in the paddock that usually comes with racing people you know are cheating. BTW the 826 has been my competition number since day one.;)

Late last year I switched to mini's (CRF100) at The Herrin Compound (paved go-kart track owned by Josh Herrin). Run all season on a set of tires and all day on a tank of gas. You can still get hurt, but the chances are much less. I never knew going that slow could be that much fun.....and there are some really fast guys out there too. Ashton & Aaron Yates show up regularly and Josh gets out there and rides too.

·
Registered
330 Posts
V trek

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts