GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just mounted Black widow full system with 300 mm carbon slip on.
I have the wolich flash also it runs relly great i fell like its 10 hp.
But i way to loud for me, some people says it doesent sound so much with black widow.
I like the sound when i have the db killer in, but the top end is only little better then the original.
so is there any slip on with not so high db out there ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
With a full header/decat you are removing the most restrictive parts of the exhaust where all of the parts that make the bike quieter live. There aren't many slip on's that I know of that are going to make the system much quieter for you.

You could look in to getting a more restrictive db killer\baffle for your slip on which should quiet it down a little bit but its going to undo some of what you originally fitted the Black Widow for in the first place.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With a full header/decat you are removing the most restrictive parts of the exhaust where all of the parts that make the bike quieter live. There aren't many slip on's that I know of that are going to make the system much quieter for you.

You could look in to getting a more restrictive db killer\baffle for your slip on which should quiet it down a little bit but its going to undo some of what you originally fitted the Black Widow for in the first place.
oki i didnt now that bigger headers make so much sound, i have had meny sport bikes and other bikes without cat and slip on, they where not sounding this much.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the black widow headers with a LeoVinve Factory S muffler, it's louder than stock but it's very reasonable.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i got one to compare it to my own exhausts, it sadly retained the stock lack of midrange power, till i remade it by extending the secondary pipes, and removing the restriction of their muffler link pipe so that it retained full size right to muffler, made a drastic difference in the torque and power delivery, theres a post on the forum about it, its not a hard mod to do , but well worth it, pics of the difference in pipes is shown in the topic "exhausts and torque curve variations"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts