GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hope it's on time for you... there are few things in life more frustrating that waiting for something that's gonna put a huge grin on your face every time you put your leg over it and hit the start button! (such a small thing, but I still think the single push start is great)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hope it's on time for you... there are few things in life more frustrating that waiting for something that's gonna put a huge grin on your face every time you put your leg over it and hit the start button! (such a small thing, but I still think the single push start is great)
The single start push is the best thing ever. I never knew I needed it till I got it :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Location? Dealers are saying no idea when the Fs will be in the US.
Minnesota. Sat in the owner of a large dealerships office as he spoke to the Suzuki rep on the phone. They got my bike on the dealers annual pre order for 2016. Because of this the Suzuki rep felt like I should have a bike by mid October at the latest.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The wait

Lots of us here in the UK had to wait a few weeks especially with the recall. But it was worth it! The bike does have some faults but to be honest reading this forum only seems to exaggerate them:(
Some days after a 5 mile bimble to work and back, then reading this forum I sometimes think I made the wrong decision , then days like today doing 100 mph plus 3 times in those same 5 miles and doing a few good bends just makes me go **** YEH!!!

·
Registered
845 Posts
No, unfortunately. Called on Friday and was told this week maybe. Somehow I think this is going to drag out. Although, my Suzuki heated grips are in.
Well hopefully soon. There is a blue F at my local dealership finally but I haven't pulled the trigger. Been dying for months to get one, told him I'd take the first one and then when it's here, I'm on the fence. I'm just trying to justify that much cash for a 2nd bike. Worth every penny no doubt.

Another dealer has a ref F but the blue has to be it for me.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well hopefully soon. There is a blue F at my local dealership finally but I haven't pulled the trigger. Been dying for months to get one, told him I'd take the first one and then when it's here, I'm on the fence. I'm just trying to justify that much cash for a 2nd bike. Worth every penny no doubt.

Same decisions here ol lad... might wait until Jan/Feb to buy one and hopefully Suzuki would have sorted the teething problems on the 2nd batch...:)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I have been watching and waiting for this bike since 2014. There is no other bike out there for me. The only other bike in its class is a Ninja 1000 and after my Z1000 engine vibe issues there is no way I would ever own one.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well. My bike is in but I can't pick it up for a week because I just poured a new driveway at my house and I can't drive on it for a week. LOL.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Picked my bike up today. The set up tech rounded out my left mirror nut putting on my heated grip controller. They also set the bars to 1 on the Renthal scale. I had them move the bars to midway at 2.5 and adjust up the levers a bit to compensate. Worked out well. They found a new nut for my mirror but there are a few marks on my heated grip control bracket. Nothing too bad but there really is no way to install the grip controller without some marks or misalignment due to its design. All that aside, I put on 20 miles and this bike is fantastic. Great power, comfortable, nice paint, killer exhaust note and volume, and heated grips are awesome (will have them on all my bikes from now on). The carbon Suzuki tank guards are nice also. I was worried they would look cheap but even my wife complimented them. The throttle is a teensy tiny bit snatchy but nothing I can't work with. I wish the build quality was like my past Honda's as some things like the sheet metal looking side stand and heated grip controller mounting bracket seem cheap. All in all though this bike is amazing for the money and was turning heads with other bikers on the way home. There really is nothing else like it and was totally worth the year plus wait!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, I have 100 miles on the bike now. Need to change the oill as I am a bit cautious with new engines. The right mirror came loose and I don't know how to tighten it. Really need a service manual. Today I noticed my right fork compression adjuster was buggered up from the factory. It was set right but I am a bit supprised Suzuki would have done that. I sanded down and polished up the adjuster screw and it looks better. Need more miles on the bike but I think I am done riding up in Minnesota for a while. Gets cold quick up here.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The right mirror came loose and I don't know how to tighten it. Really need a service manual.
The mirror nuts are 17mm. I use a 17mm combination wrench counterclockwise to loosen the lower nut. Postion the mirror and then tighten the lower nut.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Gixxus, that's gonna hurt putting that new bike up for the winter so soon after purchase. We're fortunate to be able to ride all year here in Texas.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts