1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
328 Posts
Tron is coming... Sounds fun, but when we get to that stage (and it is already coming with the swathe of Bosch IMU machines from all the manufacturers) we will eventually all be riding the same bike, albeit with a different badge and style/colourways. Everybody will be a hero as the electronics will ride it for them. Safer, yes. On the road for a daily, sure. But, I want my carb-fed, cable throttle, petrol snuffing bike that scares the bejesus out of me and makes me a better rider and allows me to have some good ol' fashioned fun.

Yes. I'm an old git.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tron is coming... Sounds fun, but when we get to that stage (and it is already coming with the swathe of Bosch IMU machines from all the manufacturers) we will eventually all be riding the same bike, albeit with a different badge and style/colourways. Everybody will be a hero as the electronics will ride it for them. Safer, yes. On the road for a daily, sure. But, I want my carb-fed, cable throttle, petrol snuffing bike that scares the bejesus out of me and makes me a better rider and allows me to have some good ol' fashioned fun.

Yes. I'm an old git.
I agree with you, and I'm an old rider too.

To add one thing. Nothing is like the sweet scream of a properly tuned 1000cc 4 cylinder motorcycle engine at 10,000+ RPM with an open header!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Now you're making me go weak at the knees just thinking about it! Open header... Amazing!

I agree with you, and I'm an old rider too.

To add one thing. Nothing is like the sweet scream of a properly tuned 1000cc 4 cylinder motorcycle engine at 10,000+ RPM with an open header!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
415 Posts
Electric bikes ae already a viable option for city riders. Gizmag/New Atlas have a couple of reviews from a US manufacturer. I prefer to burn dinosaur juice, but it's a resonable second place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts