GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
R&G is quality. I had an R&G rad guard on my R1, but it required zip ties for mounting. Did your Radiator guard use zip ties for mounting? I prefer Evotech (no zip ties), both are made in the UK. Are you going to get frame and axle sliders by R&G?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R&G is quality. I had an R&G rad guard on my R1, but it required zip ties for mounting. Did your Radiator guard use zip ties for mounting? I prefer Evotech (no zip ties), both are made in the UK. Are you going to get frame and axle sliders by R&G?
I will probably get their sliders as well. I bought R&G parts for my previous MT-09, FZ-1 and my wife´s MT-07. Always solid stuff and prompt service.
No zip ties involved. This one is fixed along with the radiator middle bottom. And at the two "plastic button clips" ( don´t know the right term ) top/sides. They are replaced with screws.
Very easy to install. Took around 10 minutes.

By the way...i got a quick reply from Curveygirl.com about the brake pads. They will pick it up, when they are back. ( From vacation, i suppose )
I did some fiddeling with the new levers yesterday and managed to improve the feeling with the Brembos.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Glad to hear it. R&G makes some nice stuff! Yeah KG is out of the office until late this month I believe.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I will probably get their sliders as well. I bought R&G parts for my previous MT-09, FZ-1 and my wife´s MT-07. Always solid stuff and prompt service.
No zip ties involved. This one is fixed along with the radiator middle bottom. And at the two "plastic button clips" ( don´t know the right term ) top/sides. They are replaced with screws.
Very easy to install. Took around 10 minutes.

By the way...i got a quick reply from Curveygirl.com about the brake pads. They will pick it up, when they are back. ( From vacation, i suppose )
I did some fiddeling with the new levers yesterday and managed to improve the feeling with the Brembos.
Forget the R&G Rear axle sliders - flawed design and a real PITA to fit

·
Registered
486 Posts
I went with the Evotech radiator guard. Easy mounting (no zip ties) and provides coverage to the side tanks. It also looks like it will allow plenty of air flow. Some of the laser cut designs i see for our bikes on Ebay look look like they will inhibit air flow.

The only thing I don't like about the Evotech is price. $115 is a lot of dough for a perforated piece of fitted aluminum, but I am satisfied with my purchase. I feel good knowing my expensive radiator has proper protection from damage and it looks good too.

For bobbins i used black Delrin bobbin/sliders from Kraton. I like them because they wont get marred by the paddock stand like anodized aluminum bobbins can.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I second that, complete waste of money. And I've emailed them twice and got no response.

I'll not be purchasing any other R&G products in the future.

chicken george
Go with Evotech man. I deal with Garry. He always gives me free shipping and a discount. And I live in the US. Fast prompt shipping as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts