GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Bloody **** what a lot of complication....:( Thanks for showing how it's done....... :)
It's not really that difficult once you've done it a couple of times. I put red grease on everything rubber so it pops off easier a lot easier without worrying that the plastic will break. First time is daunting but I take mine apart every couple of months to clean it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did the Booster Plug a couple weeks ago and yeah its a bit daunting....you're instructions to get in there are awesome for others to follow...also for replacing the air filter at a later date. Good job, bud

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is no other plug on the airbox that would fit the plugs for the boosterplug right? I fitted the boosterplug to the rear right hand plug (as pictured). I didn't look around to see if it would have fit any other plugs.

I ask because I went for a test ride 30-40mph roads and don't really notice any difference.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah pretty sure its the only plug it can fit. I am curious to know where you placed the external air temp sensor.
There is no other plug on the airbox that would fit the plugs for the boosterplug right? I fitted the boosterplug to the rear right hand plug (as pictured). I didn't look around to see if it would have fit any other plugs.

I ask because I went for a test ride 30-40mph roads and don't really notice any difference.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For me it was all about the chase for a smooth controllable throttle response.

I zip tied mine out between the frame and tank then placed it in the shroud fairing above the Suzuki Logo in the naked model.

It was the first thing I installed to cure the snatch issue. For me, it was an immediate improvement and was pretty much able to take corners without it bucking me off or when hitting bumps. Later on, I installed the Throttle Tamer throttle tube and improved the low throttle controllability even more.

But when the "Primary TPS could be the..." post came out and tried it. In a subjective point of view, It was a perfect throttle response for me. Better than I have ever had on any other bikes I've ridden.

Over the weekend, I took all the mods out individually just to see what the benefits of the throttle tamer and the Booster Plug was after the TPS adjustment.

So replaced the throttle tamer with the stock throttle tube and only had the Booster Plug engaged.

With the booster plug installed and no other mods: The bike was controllable had minimal snatch, felt kind of like the 08 hayabusa I had. Similar to a hayabusa. Over bumps, had some snatch, but around corners, I had to be smooth with the throttle but it was fine and predictable.

I rode with the booster plug uninstalled: Back to the old snatchy throttle I remember. Bucking me off on bumps and corners.

Did a few full throttle pulls on both, felt pretty much the same, wheel came up at the same times but the booster plug on just felt like it had more low and mid, maybe due to the lack of "surprise thrust" that I used to get from the stock bike.

Did your bike use to have a throttle snatch issue? If you had a later model, it might have not had the issue some of us on the forums were getting. It was impossible to ride the bike without the on off surges. Weight shifting was where most of the concentration went to. But being a Suzuki, it was easy cheap fixes.

I could actually live with the bike without the booster plug and Throttle tamer now that the TPS is adjusted properly. But I can also equally say that I can live with the bike with just the Booster plug and no Throttle tamer or TPS adjustment. I chose to keep the booster plug in with the Tamer after the TPS adjustment since it gives my bike a dr jekyll and mr hyde feel. The power is always there when I want it. Its all now just controlled purely by how much I choose to twist the throttle. No surprises from the torque curve. But unlike power mode maps, if I want full torque, I have it under my control.

I zip tied in front of airbox on the outside of the frame.

What differences have you noticed? I haven't really done any extensive testing yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the info. I haven't quite put the paces on the bike yet with the boosterplug. My main gripe with the throttle was the abruptness of the on/off transition. I will check out the TPS and see where it is on the dash. I have a 2016 model so I likely won't have any issue, but who knows.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thanks for the info. I haven't quite put the paces on the bike yet with the boosterplug. My main gripe with the throttle was the abruptness of the on/off transition. I will check out the TPS and see where it is on the dash. I have a 2016 model so I likely won't have any issue, but who knows.
Mines a may 16 built bike, the throttle was really bad and when I checked _COO. I've since adjusted it and it's perfect now, massive difference.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mines a may 16 built bike, the throttle was really bad and when I checked _COO. I've since adjusted it and it's perfect now, massive difference.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thanks - I'll definitely check it out. I am afraid of taking the fairings and crap off though, it was such a pain the first time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I totally understand chasing perfection. It is a never ending pursuit. I played around with so many settings and combos on this bike. I have settled on -C00, which fixed the scratchiness, throttle tamer just because it is easier around town(but not necessary) and O2 eliminator to stop the sub 4000rpm lean stutter at low speeds. Took the booster plug off as it didn't really make too much of a difference after TPS adjustment. Was quite happy with the power of this bike stock. The pipe looks good and sounds nice anyway. So just drew the line there.

·
Registered
333 Posts
boosterplug , 160$ for crappy 3$ IAT

1 - 19 of 19 Posts