GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to a postage delay on my original order Booster Plug in Denmark kindly sent a backup Booster Plug and as would happen I have ended up with two here in Perth Western Australia. If anyone in WA has been considering purchasing one of these items (I have been very happy with the performance of mine) this is an opportunity to have one delivered locally without a mailing delay (several weeks) from Denmark. I am also happy to offer installation assistance (if you live in Perth). Any way if you are interested please email direct to [email protected] and arrange the purchase, inform him this is the additional item sent to a forum member in WA (he is aware & approves this offer before I will be mailing the extra one back to Denmark if no one is interested). I am in no way associated with Booster Plug & this is a genuine opportunity to obtain one locally.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I noticed on an eBay site last night when looking at fender extenders from Spain that they said their is long delays in delivery to Australia lately with what they believe is a customs issue , I have noticed longer delays in Aus post parcels lately within Aus so it could be them also and the reason for your delay,

Has the booster plug fixed the snatch or smoothed anything out or given more low down power under 7k ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed on an eBay site last night when looking at fender extenders from Spain that they said their is long delays in delivery to Australia lately with what they believe is a customs issue , I have noticed longer delays in Aus post parcels lately within Aus so it could be them also and the reason for your delay,

Has the booster plug fixed the snatch or smoothed anything out or given more low down power under 7k ?
Hi Nicka, I have found an improvement in smoothing out 75-80% of the hunting at low revs (between 2500-3500 rpm) but I must admit it has not eliminated it completely but anything is better than the way it was in slow moving situations in 3rd & 4th gear. Performance wise I have noticed no change it still goes like a scolded cat.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hi Nicka, I have found an improvement in smoothing out 75-80% of the hunting at low revs (between 2500-3500 rpm) but I must admit it has not eliminated it completely but anything is better than the way it was in slow moving situations in 3rd & 4th gear. Performance wise I have noticed no change it still goes like a scolded cat.
Have the BP with similar results. I added a Throttle Tamer which helped a lot too.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Cheers guys, although the booster plug is tempting I am not completely sold yet and will wait till we see some fuel maps also from the auto tuners to see exactly which way I will go so it is great to read all your reviews and thoughts on each one, I'm not too concerned at the moment but as soon as I start my exhaust mods I think something will be required to correct the fueling

·
Registered
88 Posts
I fitted one with the complete Arrow headers. Not one problem. The throttle response is excellent from 0-150 mph. Excellent bit of kit. No need to waste your money on a power commander etc.
It works by giving the extra juice upto 8000rpm so improves delivery. After 8000rpm the bike runs on the normal fueling.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,884 Posts
I fitted one with the complete Arrow headers. Not one problem. The throttle response is excellent from 0-150 mph. Excellent bit of kit. No need to waste your money on a power commander etc.
It works by giving the extra juice upto 8000rpm so improves delivery. After 8000rpm the bike runs on the normal fueling.
I am wondering where you found the reference "up to 8000rpm" ?
I have read all the info on the Booster Plug site but could not find it, only that it works at "lower rpms".
I have one fitted but am reserving comments until I have had more experience of it.
I had one fitted to a BMW F800 twin which used to stall quite easily and it made a big improvement to that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts