GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does your bike have the typical "Snatchy Throttle"? If so you might be interested in an as new unit I have for sale.

I'd prefer to sell it to someone local (Australia that is) but can post anywhere. It cost me a bit less than $300 AUS but will sell for $200

·
Registered
327 Posts
Reflash are not $200 here in Australia.
At least double that and more. Getting a reflash for $200 overseas is risky as they are not set up for Australian fuels and setup.
I solved my issues by PC V made it smooth as, installing it also by passes the O2 sensor which is half of the problem in lean and rough running.
It now performs like a beauty!

·
Registered
328 Posts
booster plug it´s a simply IAT for 7$ . Than feel free to spent 160$

here what you get for...

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
Obviously they have to sell it for well over what the parts cost (like pretty much everything else you buy)...IAT thermistor ($35 from Suzuki), some resistors, cable, connectors, housing and casing, assembly, R&D, marketing, overhead, profit, etc. Anyone is obviously free to do the research, purchasing, building and testing to build their own, but most don't have the knowledge, equipment, time or ability. Lots of folks have had issues that the BP solved and decided it was worth the cost. The markup on the BP is probably no more, if not less than, markup on OEM parts for motorcycles and cars. This is fresh on my mind because just this week Honda dealer wanted $750 for a distributor for 99 Civic, and another $450 to install. (To be fair, this may have included four plug wires.) I went to auto parts and got a new aftermarket dizzy for $150 and installed myself in 15 minutes. That's some markup...

Reactions: LEAVEITSTOCK

·
Registered
12 Posts
Obviously they have to sell it for well over what the parts cost (like pretty much everything else you buy)...IAT thermistor ($35 from Suzuki), some resistors, cable, connectors, housing and casing, assembly, R&D, marketing, overhead, profit, etc. Anyone is obviously free to do the research, purchasing, building and testing to build their own, but most don't have the knowledge, equipment, time or ability. Lots of folks have had issues that the BP solved and decided it was worth the cost. The markup on the BP is probably no more, if not less than, markup on OEM parts for motorcycles and cars. This is fresh on my mind because just this week Honda dealer wanted $750 for a distributor for 99 Civic, and another $450 to install. (To be fair, this may have included four plug wires.) I went to auto parts and got a new aftermarket dizzy for $150 and installed myself in 15 minutes. That's some markup...
I like your enthusiasm but there is hardly any "R&D" on things like booster plugs and distributor caps in this millennia. That stuff has been figured out a long time ago and booster plugs and distributor caps are all known variables.
Those prices are attributed to "mark up," NOT R&D.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I like your enthusiasm but there is hardly any "R&D" on things like booster plugs and distributor caps in this millennia. That stuff has been figured out a long time ago and booster plugs and distributor caps are all known variables.
Those prices are attributed to "mark up," NOT R&D.
sure about that...booster plug website has pretty good write up on the subject..there where problems that had to be delt with and figured out,,,didnt seen cut an dry... ..now everyone goes with the jumping jack flash and who knows what there getting for gas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts