GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just got my new one yesterday … waiting until the tank gets near empty to install it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Let us know if the alternative cure is better than the boosterplug; many on here say nothing beats the boosterplug, me included

·
Registered
172 Posts
Let us know if the alternative cure is better than the boosterplug; many on here say nothing beats the boosterplug, me included
I'm installing the BP soon myself. Which "alternative cure " are you referring to??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Many here experiment with Power Commander and Dyno tuning to calibrate it, others muck around with the throttle position sensor, or throttle cables, and as Jens Lyck, the inventor of the booster plug states, there are lots of people unsuccessfully trying to copy the boosterplug and just using a resister ; for $200 you can avoid all that ; the g gsxs1000 has two major flaws compromising a beautiful motor, frame and general setup. These are starving the bike for fuel at lower revs to meet ridiculous EU emissions requirements; this lead to me stalling in a tight turn at idle and the bike breaking my leg. The second flaw is the ridiculous pogo stick rear shock absorber, hidden away, so until you ride bumpy roads you don't realise how bad it is. Two fixes turn the bike into what it should be ; a brilliant reiteration of the legendary GSXR1000K6. Step 1, put on a booster plug, step 2, put on a decent rear shock, Wilbers, Nitron, are great. So you bike will cost US$1500 more than the purchase cost, but you'll end up with what I have, a brilliant bike. I have the 2006 GSXR 1000, so I have worked to that yardstick, and the GSXS1000FA which I have now is just as legendary for the road, once you fix it this way.

·
Registered
890 Posts
others muck around with the throttle position sensor, or throttle cables,
Just so you know, if either of these is out of calibration, a booster plug will not fix them. The booster plug will most likely help when these are fixed but they solve two different problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts