GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
It is all about one connector. Even if Booster Plug have them separately listed for 15 - 16, and then for 17 -22. They also have the Standard and F listed separate for same year, even though the connectors are identical......and everything else.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is all about one connector. Even if Booster Plug have them separately listed for 15 - 16, and then for 17 -22. They also have the Standard and F listed separate for same year, even though the connectors are identical......and everything else.
That's what I noted, separate listings for 15 to 16 and so on , I wondered if the the values may be different even if the connectors are the same .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As slower and slower suggested I emailed booster plug direct, I didn't expect much response so never thought of it. Anyway within the hour this was their response..

The shift to the new EURO 4 emission standards (and the similar EPA changes for the US market) in 2017 was a massive change, and depending on how this was handled by the bike manufactorers, it required a new type of BoosterPlug on some bikes - but other bikes will still need the same BoosterPlug at previously.

EURO 4 was a big thing in the media, and we decided to list almost all 2017-and-newer models separately, no matter if they are the same unit as for earlier bikes or not. Partly for our internal sales statistics, partly to make the customer confident that he will receive the correct BoosterPlug for his bike.

But for the Suzuki GSX-S1000, the BoosterPlug is actually the same unit for both the 2017-2020 version and the 2015-2016 version.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I think I've got my old one in the basement somewhere (I sold the bike) ... barely used it. If anyone is interested in North America, PM me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts