GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently installed the a boosterplug to eliminate the snacthiness (although I didn't find it irritating) & I have to say I thoroughly recommend it.

The bike just cruises at 8mph in 1st with no joltiness , no jerking over bumps , engine breaking is way less aggressive than but still very effective & the acceleration isn't affected.

easier to install than a power commander & a lot less hassle.

ordered last Sunday , arrived (from Denmark to England Wednesday Morning , 3 days)

No messing with dynos or maps it works simply by signalling to the air intake temperature sensor (throttle side of the air box) that the temperature is 20° lower than it is this increase the fuel within the air / fuel ratio at lower revs (only lower revs)

also adjusts to the climate you are riding in

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
i always figured it would help ... the way mine ran i did,nt bother...... why your as happy as some guy who spent $1500..i would be too

·
Registered
43 Posts
Someone can flash a bike for a little more. I don’t really like the idea of the plug just richening fuel.

Is it a set % how much more fuel is added, can you change the amount somehow on the little plug?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone can flash a bike for a little more. I don’t really like the idea of the plug just richening fuel.

Is it a set % how much more fuel is added, can you change the amount somehow on the little plug?

it's dependant upon your climate (encompassing altitude , Temperature , humidity, press etc)

it operates through a sensor , technically better than a flash because the flash doesn't account for a multitude of environments.

Look at his website , he goes into intricate detail for those who need it

https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/cms-21.html

https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/cms-testimonials.html

** Note from BoosterPlug regarding remapping ECU’s and Power Commanders *** It is a common mistake to think that having access to adjust all parameters in the ECU is the better solution, but with the very sophisticated ECU's we have on our bikes today, it is actually the other way round: The winning strategy is only to change "as much as necessary, but as little as possible". The factories have spend thousands of R&D hours to program the ECU the best they can, and they have mostly done a very (VERY) good job, except that they are forced to run the engines a bit leaner than desired. And there is no reason to throw all the brilliant work away and start your own development project with a Power Commander, when the BoosterPlug can fix the simple lean running issue for a fraction of the price.

my mechanic is a leave it stock kind of guy or change as little as possible (all aesthetics aside)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Lets hope our bikes are not equipped with the adaptive ECU that will negate the fitment of these devices over time.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've had a boosterplug on mine for the last two years; you might be interested to know that all new bikes which are forced by the Brussels EU fascists to have emission compliance are similarly crippled at low revs, and they all benefit from a boosterplug which the brilliant inventor. Jens Lyck has invented one suited to each new bike;a friend bought a new BMWSR1000 and guess what the dealer had put in the toolkit. A boosterplug

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had a boosterplug on mine for the last two years; you might be interested to know that all new bikes which are forced by the Brussels EU fascists to have emission compliance are similarly crippled at low revs, and they all benefit from a boosterplug which the brilliant inventor. Jens Lyck has invented one suited to each new bike;a friend bought a new BMWSR1000 and guess what the dealer had put in the toolkit. A boosterplug

indeed , I watched a 44 teeth video from 2016 with Chris & Al commenting on the zx10r being the 1st 1000cc SportsBike crippled by the Legislation.
The benefits of the BoosterPlug were evident within seconds of riding

1 - 9 of 9 Posts