GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some TCX Rush boots for summer which I absolutely love, very easy to change gear & brake etc, wanted to get the sidi equivalent but they had none on stock.

Wanting some ideas for winter boots.

I have some brand new Sidi Roarr boots that I’ve never worn, bought them two years ago and only just got round to buying my bike last month so haven’t tried them yet.

they look awesome but I’m just wondering if they are suited to an upright bike? They are very adjustable but I’m just wondering if anyone has these for their summer/winter boots and are they ok on the gsxs1000 and not to restrictive.

8737D1C6-A5B3-407B-974D-A9A92755B243.jpeg

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't have either boot but I'll say that you'll have to adjust to long boots coming from short boots. You'll need to break the Sidi's in; it'll be awkward initially but you'll forget about it after a few rides. I can't tell if those Sidi's are vented but it looks like not. They'll be fine for winter in your region depending on the distances you'll be riding. A nice pair of smartwool socks should suffice. YMMV.

As for being appropriate for street - yes - long boots offer more protection (generally speaking) and it's not "faux pas". I rock Alpinestars SMX-6 boots when I'm street riding. In fact I own 2 pair: vented for summer and non-vented for cold weather.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have either boot but I'll say that you'll have to adjust to long boots coming from short boots. You'll need to break the Sidi's in; it'll be awkward initially but you'll forget about it after a few rides. I can't tell if those Sidi's are vented but it looks like not. They'll be fine for winter in your region depending on the distances you'll be riding. A nice pair of smartwool socks should suffice. YMMV.

As for being appropriate for street - yes - long boots offer more protection (generally speaking) and it's not "faux pas". I rock Alpinestars SMX-6 boots when I'm street riding. In fact I own 2 pair: vented for summer and non-vented for cold weather.
thanks for that detailed reply “lost” :)

these Sidi’s have a air vent you can open and close on the otter side of the foot part. They do look way more protective and when I walked around in them earlier to try them they did feel stiff, so I’m glad to hear that I will get used to them after wearing them in a bit 💪

·
Registered
334 Posts
Personally I only wear long boots. I have Alpinestar Supertechs for leathers and some Dainese Torque D1s for textiles. Both have an inner boot which provides extra support during crashes and stops your foot hyper extending, which is really bad for your foot and what allows boots to come off during a crash.

Used to have some Sidis and they are great boots albeit with the ubiquitous Sidi Squeak!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a pair of SIDI boots that are many years old. They are the long boot kind, wear them in. They are fine with the upright riding position. I wear them year-round in Australia.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've been wearing Tourmaster Flex WP Dual Zip boots for 2 years, they're insulated so they keep my feet warm in sub-freezing winter but they're (surprisingly) not hot during Texas summers. They're comfortable enough that I wear them all day long at work. And they're holding up extremely well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts