GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got this stubby slip on from BOS Auspuff?

Silencieux BOS Ssec RR INOX Carbone Suzuki GSX s 1000 | eBay

I e-mailed the german website a couple of weeks ago, and they said it wouldn't get on the market until early next year. They were waiting for the CE-approval.
I'm not replacing the can for sound, I just really dont like the orig one...
And I will wait a bit with complete exhaust replacement until someone comes up with a real solution for the ECU. Powercomander will be a no go...

-JR, Norway

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like the BOS, I think it looks better than the M4 and looks like better quality too. Power gains seem a little optimistic for just a slip on, but if true that's probably the best of any slip on. It may be available now based on what I see on their website, but shipping could be pricey outside on northern Europe. I don't see any dealers outside of there.

Suzuki GSX-S1000 | Bos Exhausts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ordered my Bos can last week, was told yesterday to expect delivery early February.

Think it will be worth the wait, as Northern England is currently enduring wet weather of biblical proportions

The delay will give me plenty time to fit the Arrow headers I've ordered before getting the whole job set up using a Power Commander 5

·
Registered
515 Posts
I like the BOS, I think it looks better than the M4 and looks like better quality too. Power gains seem a little optimistic for just a slip on, but if true that's probably the best of any slip on. It may be available now based on what I see on their website, but shipping could be pricey outside on northern Europe. I don't see any dealers outside of there.

Suzuki GSX-S1000 | Bos Exhausts
5HP my butt! lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll admit the stock "silencer" doesn't look all that great! The performance gain when adding a slip-on is absolutely minimal so to me spending $250 plus for a 1 HP gain, If That, isn't in my opinion money well spent. A full system when properly set up with the correct mapping could yield a 6+ HP gain and add a special look to the bike as well as a substantial savings in weight!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'll admit the stock "silencer" doesn't look all that great! The performance gain when adding a slip-on is absolutely minimal so to me spending $250 plus for a 1 HP gain, If That, isn't in my opinion money well spent. A full system when properly set up with the correct mapping could yield a 6+ HP gain and add a special look to the bike as well as a substantial savings in weight!
Rev,

Your at zero RPM! lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think the standard silencer looks great.
waste of time changing,unless full system fitted.
Removal of the cat with modified pipework the way to go.

Yah, I actually agree with you. Won't change original silencer for different look, and the original sound is not too bad; not awesome, but not bad. Must be a significant improvement in sound and some performance before I would consider a change from the original - so probably would have to involved the complete system as you said and/or removal of the cat.

I suppose its all a function of individual preferences in the end. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally recieved the M4 slip-on, and installed. Had a bit off a struggle to get it all the way onto the pipe coming out of the collector box, seems like it was a bit tight toleranses... but it looks MUCH better than the stock can!! The sound is pretty much the same as stock, haven't tried without the db-killer yet....

I'm also thinking of getting the carbon heat shield, because i don't like the shiny chrome original.

FÜR Suzuki GSX s GSXS 1000 Carbon Auspuff Verkleidung Unten | eBay

·
Registered
515 Posts
Finally recieved the M4 slip-on, and installed. Had a bit off a struggle to get it all the way onto the pipe coming out of the collector box, seems like it was a bit tight toleranses... but it looks MUCH better than the stock can!! The sound is pretty much the same as stock, haven't tried without the db-killer yet....

I'm also thinking of getting the carbon heat shield, because i don't like the shiny chrome original.

Please report on the M4 without the dB killer as I am very curious if there is a volume increase.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will do., But I don't think there is going to be much difference.. Watched å clip on youtube of å guy testing with the orig can, and just the collecorbox.. And even without a can, it's not much louder...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is some clips with sound:

M4 slip-on with baffle:

http://youtu.be/Ntma8aMhROw

M4 slip-on without baffle:

http://youtu.be/XuO9X9lOGMw

And here's a small clip of the difference when engine just in idle.

http://youtu.be/PDw48TEQ3VE

My experience is that on low rpm's, the tone in much deeper. But on the high-range of the revs, I don't think there that much difference. Haven't tried it on the road yet. We're suffering of PMS and snow here in Norway ?

·
Registered
305 Posts

Akra has carbon shield.
Looks nice I think.
The chrome is "floppy" and looks a bit "tarty", yes. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bikephoto
Did you take the logo off your M4? Was it easy to remove or am I blind? I like a clean look and think it looks awesome without the logo.

I agree that the carbon shield would be an awesome way to go as that polished does look out of place now. You could always spray ot black with some high temp paint temporarily. Lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts