GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. Quick intro... Just bought a Brand New GSX-S 1000. It is the Triton Blue Metallic 2018 model.
I had an awsome deal and took me a while to find it as this is the colour i wanted. Lucky enough a bike shop had a new one with zero miles and it was cheaper than the secondhand bikes i was looking at.
I have owned the Gixer 1000 k5 for approx 13 years and will never sell it as i love it but as i always purchase another bike to go to Europe every year i figured enough was enough.
The GSX-S is a slightly more comfortable bike for the longer journeys and this way i get to ride the k5 engine which i think is the best power plant out there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi , fantastic rds on your doorstep particularly West Wales , bit of a jaunt to get to some decent tracks though !

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Welcome, you got the best model and colour, congratulations.:cool:
The best bends are on your doorstep and I reckon I've done most of them. But I'm always ready to discover more.:)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Welcome Aboard from just across the Bridge
Having done Scotland, Yorkshire, Cornwall,Spain several times on mine I can tell you you've made a good choice. Enough comfort to get you there and then enough handling to let you have fun when you get there. A few suspension tweaks and you'll hardly be thinking about your olds K5 except for the most focussed of track days
Enjoy!:laugh:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm in the same lucky position as you, having a GSXS1000 and the STILL fastest accelerating moitorcycle 0-100 ever put on the market, the K5=K6 GSXR1000. However, having the two for comparison it became clear quickly that although the GSXS1000 has the raw material, it needed a lot of modifications to make them similar; first I got rid of the pogo stick being the OEM rear shock, replaed with a Wilbers 641, then a Lust Lowering Kit, 12mm raise on the front forks to compensate, then a booster plug to get rid of the snatchy throttle. Now it is a more comfortable new version of the GSXR, but of course no titanium pipes and 40 kgs heavier, but a decent stable mate to the inimitable K5-K6. Happy days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts